A wonderful 1-day trekking trip traversing the amazing Glacier du Géant, an impressive glacier lying on the French side of the Mont Blanc Massif, with one of the IFMGA-certified guides in the Peakshunter team.
Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep
Join me on this wonderful and breathtaking traverse across the Glacier du Géant in the French Alps! Do not miss the opportunity of seeing with your own eyes the magnificence of this spectacular alpine glacier.
The Dent du Gèant is a glacier on the French side of the Mont Blanc massif. This is a high-altitude excursion across the glaciers of the Vallée Blanche, but you will discover that hiking on the Dent du Géant is surprisingly rather simple.
We will start walking through the glacier at an altitude of 3452 meters from the Punta Helbronner. We will then reach 3848 meters high, where the Aiguille Du Midi is located.
All throughout the trip across the Glacier du Géant you will have the chance to admire its immensity, impressive crevasses and seracs. We will also walk close to extremely vertical pinnacles of red granite. You will be amazed by the spectacular views along the way!
We will meet at Courmayeur and take the equipment to the Torino hut, from where we will start our trekking on the glacier. The trip will take us about 3 hours.
If you don’t have much experience walking on ice, it is not a problem. As this is a high-altitude easy walking excursion, you just need to have some basic trekking training.
Please note the group will have to reach a minimum of 4 participants. Also remember it is very important to always follow my instructions when we venture into the glaciers of the Vallée Blanche. You should also respect any change I may introduce in the schedule, since my aim is to alsways guarantee your safety during the trip.
Come with me and you will enjoy every minute of this adventure. Do not miss the chance of walking on a magnificent glacier such as the Glacier du Géant. Send me request and book your trip! It will be a trip you will always remember. I will be waiting for your contact.
- Guiding fee
- Lift tickets
- Ice axe
Giving and receiving smiles, seeing the satisfaction on the faces of our customers, seeking opportunities for growth, stimulating authenticity in personal and group relationships, in sharing mountaineering disciplines, fears, efforts, and moments of difficulty, which are part of the integrated with experiences, essential ingredients of every summit climb: these are our focus, our beliefs, and our most important results, as outdoor Professionals and as people who love the mountains and their work as Alpine Guides!
Founded in 2013 by Elis and Silvia, PEAKSHUNTER Mountain Guides is a team of IFMGA-certified Mountain Professionals and outdoor activities experts, based in the town of Aosta, not far from Courmayeur-Chamonix, on the Italian side of the Mont Blanc massif.
We live and work in the beautiful Aosta Valley region, very close to French and Swiss borders near to Geneva, Milan, and Turin international airports.
Mont Blanc, Matterhorn, Dufourspitze, Pyramide Vincent and Regina Margherita Hut, Gran Paradiso, Breithorn, Lyskamm, Castor and Pollux are only a few of several 4000 Alps summits you can climb with us: most of our team of Guides were born and grew up close to these mountains and they have explored the ascent routes several times during different seasons, with skis or crampons!
- We love our work: we plan all our trips with great commitment and deep respect for the Alpine environment, for its inhabitants, and its territories. Including local traditions in different valleys and Alpine areas.
- We love Mountain, Nature, and Outdoor activities, that we like to share with people from all around the world. We are enthusiastic to meet like-minded adventurers and share new experiences and memorable emotions with the support of our Mountain Guides.
- Safety and Risk Management are essential for us, as elements of fundamental importance during every single trip we plan and carry out with our customers: for this reason, we offer introductory courses to the different alpine disciplines (Mountaineering, Rock climbing, Ice climbing, Ski mountaineering, Freeride, Rescue Crevasse, and Avalanche) to convey awareness and responsibility to our customers.
- We offer solid Experience, with several years organizing outdoor disciplines around mountain and wild areas, in many different countries of Italy and Europe, for individuals or groups, including 7-day customer support for booking, logistics, and personal assistance for planning and reservations.
- As certified Mountain Guides, we offer training courses, to improve technical skills and to learn basic knowledge about mountaineering in the Alps, which is essential to explore and climb the Mountains safely in any situation or conditions.
- We are happy to provide customized programs for every customer's demand: our Experience is synonymous with Professionalism and Customer Care to guarantee unforgettable emotions and beautiful smiles!
Fulfill your dreams, discover breathtaking views or simply enjoy an extraordinary day: you just need to use your imagination and we will carry out your trip as you desire to live it!
Let’s plan your next mountain project together!
Italian | French | English
Aosta Valley, Italy
Amazing scenery and our guide Jacapo from Peakshunter was awesome! We used this trip to help with acclimatisation before climbing Punta Gnifetti and very glad we did this.
Our trip was wonderful! Everything was as planned. Our guide Gigio was very professional, very friendly, spoke good English and easily adjusted hike to the abilities of two aging mountain enthusiasts with 10 years old granddaughter. Hike itself was in exceptionally beautiful terrain, easily accessible due to Skyway cable car. This hike definitely was the highlight of our vacation and we all will remember it for many years to come. Thanks to all who helped to organize this hike and especially to our guide Gigio!
Jacobo was a great guide ! Not only he has a lot of experience in mountain sports but also was very nice and thoughtful with us. I would definitely recommend this activity!
Mont Blanc All-In 2-day ascent via the Gouter Route
1-Week Mont Blanc Summit with Training and Acclimatisation
All-In Mont Blanc and Gran Paradiso Climb
Mont Blanc 5-day ascent with previous training
Climbing Mont Blanc in 5 days
6-day Mont Blanc ascent with acclimatization
Aiguille d’Entrèves guided climbing traverse-All Inclusive
Climbing Mont Blanc in 2 days from the Italian side
Arête des Cosmiques / Cosmiques ridge
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures.