I offer several ice climbing outings in Tarentaise, around Tignes and Val d’Isère. I propose several options from a half day for beginners to a course of several days. A unique option is a nocturnal discovery lit by spotlights.
Ice is a fascinating material due to its texture, colours and ephemeral properties. Ice climbing is practiced mainly on a water cascade that has been frozen by the cold.
This activity has become accessible to everyone due to the advances of the climbing equipment during the last years. The technique is similar to rock climbing. But here, we move vertically with ice axes and crampons. The ice structures will remain there for a couple of weeks or months.
I propose to you the following program, among others.
1/2 day or full day discovery:
- Locations= Cascade of Roger Valley’s at Brévières next to Tignes, Ice Tour in Champagny or Cascade of the Daille (between Val d’Isère and Tignes)
- Prerequisites: none
- From 220€ 1/2 day for a group of up to 6 people*
- From 330€ 1 day for a group of up to 6 people*
1 day initiation:
- Locations= integral Cascade of the Daille (between Val d’Isère and Tignes), Cascade of the Echaillon (between Tignes and Sainte Foy)
- Prerequisite: 1 or 2 discovery outings
- Price= From 320€ for 2 people*
1 day improvement:
- Locations= Cascade of Gurraz (between Tignes and Sainte Foy), Cascade of the Peisey Valley (above Peisey Nancroix), Cascade of Chapieux Valley
- Prerequisite: having practiced ice climbing of different lengths, good physical shape
- Price= From 320€ for 1 or 2 people depending on the cascade*
*Prices include guide’s fee and loan of technical equipment (ice axe and crampons).
Please contact me if you wish to learn or improve your ice climbing techniques during one or more days while you are in Tarentaise. I would love guiding you in these beautiful ice walls!
Price per person
|Group of 2||165EUR|
|Group of 3||110EUR|
|Group of 4||83EUR|
|Group of 5||66EUR|
|Group of 6||55EUR|
- Guiding fee
- Group equipment
I can provide technical equipment: crampons, ice axe, helmet, harness and rope. You need rigid or semi-rigid mountain shoes for automatic or semi-automatic crampons.