During these 6 days in Cordon del Plata Sub-range, I will lead an ascent to the 3.350-meter Mount Vallecitos.
Mount Vallecitos is located in the Argentinean province of Mendoza along the same highway that takes you to Mount Aconcagua, the highest peak of South America.
Mount Vallecitos belongs to a sub range of the Andes known as Cordon del Plata. It is a very famous region due to its easy access and the short distances among the different peaks of the area.
That’s why Cordon del Plata is one of the most perfect spots for the practice of acclimatization climbs before bigger objectives.
Because of that, this guided expedition to Mount Vallecitos is suitable for those who want to give their first steps in climbing a high mountain. Moreover, it is a great opportunity to prepare the body for a future harder climb, for example Mount Aconcagua.
If you want to know more details about this trip, here below I leave the day-by-day itinerary of the program.
- Day 1: We’ll meet in Mendoza city, have your equipment checked or rent one if you don’t have it.
- Day 2: A transfer will drive to Cordon del Plata, where we’ll do an acclimatization climb. It consists in reaching Mt. Arenales summit at 3.299 meters high. At night, we will sleep in a mountain hut.
- Day 3: 4-hour trek to our camp 1 in Piedra Grande.
- Day 4: Another trekking day in direction to the camp 2 Salto de Agua. Overnight staying in there.
- Day 5: On this day we’ll try to summit Mount Vallecitos. The round trip will take about 8 hours.
- Day 6: I suggest an extra day in case of bad climate or if you need a longer acclimatization. On the contrary, we’ll return to Mendoza city.
I also want to share with you next departure dates, but if you prefer any other please feel free to tell me and I schedule a program for you.
For any other doubt or requirement, contact me now. You can also ask me for a private trip to Mount Vallecitos or any other peak of Cordon del Plata. I know the area very well and it would be a pleasure for me to be your guide in the Andes.
Price per person
|Group of 2||890.00USD|
|Group of 3||740.00USD|
|Group of 4||680.00USD|
- Guiding fee
- All meals during trip
- Half-board meals during trip
- Transport during the trip