Join a certified mountain guide on this 2-day group adventure that combines backcountry skiing in Niseko with backcountry skiing down Mount Yotei.
On this 2 day group trip, you will have the chance to enjoy a day of backcountry skiing in Niseko and a day of backcountry skiing down Mount Yotei (1,898m). Each one of these days offers a completely unique experience. Also, you do not even have to enjoy the days back to back either. Instead, you can space them out if you want.
Niseko is a beautiful ski resort area on the island of Hokkaido. The powder, slopes and overall skiing experience is amazing. And on the backcountry day trip, you will get to explore the area, as we will forego the use of lifts. Instead, we will hike our way to the top of the descents, which take place on the peaks in the area. Those peaks include Mount chise, Mount Iwao, and Mount Iwao.
For the skiing down Mount Yotei, the descent is a thrilling, but challenging adventure. There is all kinds of different terrain on this trip, as you will be skiing through trees as well as in the open, often in deep powder, with 30° slopes. As a result, participants on this trip should be experienced off-piste skiers, and should also be physically fit.
This is a great trip because it’s really two trips in one. For people looking to ski just outside of the resorts, enjoying long descents of up to 300 metres, as well as hikes through beautiful landscape, Niseko has you covered. And for people who want the difficult, but rewarding experience of skiing down one of the most beautiful mountains in the country, the Mount Yotei day trip has you covered as well.
So if you are looking for a fun filled 2 day skiing experience, send me a request, join a group, and have a great time.
There are several hotels in the Niseko area.
The tour may be cancelled based on weather and snow conditions. The final decision of location will be decided on the day as well, for the same reasons.
- A minimum of 2 people is required to run the tour. For January and February we typically run tours everyday. - If the minimum of 2 people is not reached, then I will contact client at least 2 days before and will communicate if the tour is cancelled or if there is a possibility of changing the itinerary / group. If it is cancelled, then you receive a full refund. Client has the option to cancel with full refund or agree to the change in itinerary and make the differential payment (or refund as the case may be). - If conditions aren’t good for the pre-booked itinerary, then I may cancel this itinerary but offer the option to join other itineraries. Client has the option to cancel with full refund or agree to the change in itinerary and make the differential payment (or refund as the case may be). Participants should bring with them a probe, beacon, a proper backpack, ski poles and a shovel. If you do not have this equipment, it can be rented in Niseko.
The guide office in Niseko.
The traveller did not leave a comment.
Jun is a responsible and reliable guide. He is also knowledgeable on the local flora and fauna and managed to show us quite a few interesting alpine flowers, birds and animals. He is kind and helpful and converses well in English. I will not hesitate to recommend him to any anyone needing an English speaking guide in Japan.
Just back from Hakuba –Japan and I’m so pleased to confirm we got such a great experience with Iwao who has provided a service above all expectations. Indeed assisting a family confronted to a new environment requires a certain level of patience and attention and all the family appreciated his sense of responsibilities and seriousness which allowed us to really enjoy this region by experiencing touring, hicking and of course skiing in immaculate powder. Iwao was very discreet but always acted to ensure we could take the best of all Hakuba mountains could offer to us during these 5 days.This experience will for sure remain in all our minds for long and this will be mainly thanks to Iwao ! Best, Arnaud
We had a wonderfull ski touring trip with Iwao in Gunma. Iwao brought us in various beautifull landscapes to found very good spring snow. He is a very professional guide that can adapt to clients will and conditions! We had great time sharing our experiences about nature and mountains. The second day, we had a long tour with beautiful views on gunma\'s region and finissing along a river in an amazing forest. It was great fun to wait the last train in the midel of nowhere at sunset to come back to our village! Iwao has perfectly organised the trip bringing me to nice local onsen, restaurant and hôtel! Wonderfull trip to recommand!
Group of 1
|JPY 46392 each|
Want a different number of travellers?
- Guiding fee
If the tour is cancelled, you will receive a full refund. Client has the option to cancel with full refund or agree to the change in itinerary and make the differential payment (or refund as the case may be).
- If conditions aren’t good for the pre-booked itinerary, then I may cancel this itinerary but offer the option to join other itineraries. Client has the option to cancel with full refund or agree to the change in itinerary and make the differential payment (or refund as the case may be).
- Please note that if I am not guiding and one of my colleagues are guiding then the Guide Fee could be reduced by JPY 1,000-2,000 per person per day
- Please note that for weekends and national holidays, Guide Fee increases by JPY 1,000 per person per day
- Please note that the prices do not include VAT