People per Guide
Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
Type of Trip
This one-week guided Apolobamba trekking tour is perfect for passionate, tireless hikers. During these days, I will guide you around the Muñecas and Apolobamba mountain ranges in the Andes. You will experience truly unique landscapes and views.
First, I will pick you up at La Paz. During the transfer we will go by the well-known Titikaka lake, and through Achacachi. Later, we will camp on the valley (3,700 m).
Next, on Day 2, you will have time to walk around the village, almost miraculously suspended in the mountain. Also, this village makes for a great viewpoint of the Akamani mountain. Later, the trekking begins. We will walk for around 5 hours to the camp (4,200 m).
Then, from Days 3 to 6 I will take you trekking to exceptional places, including:
- The vestiges of Inka Kancha (4,200 m)
- The Sunchuli valley – where the Incas are said to have worked with gold
- The Sunchuli pass (5,100 m)
- The Illo Illo river
- The village of Pelechuco
Finally, on Day 7 we will return to La Paz. On our way back, I will take you to the Ulla Ulla National Park, reservoir for vicuñas and other endangered species.
The one-week Apolobamba trekking tour is the most attractive and satisfactory trip in my list. The tour includes waterfalls, Andean panoramic views, Inka paths, and passes of up to 5,100 m.
While I rate the level of this trekking tour as Easy, I recommend a good acclimatization and good physical shape.
Ready for the one-week guided Apolobamba trekking tour? Contact me for more information. Short on time? Check out other hiking options: 3-day Hiking to Chacapampa, Condoriri Massif and Classic 3-day Takesi trek with a guide.
Price per person
- Guiding fee
- All meals during trip
- Transport to the start of the trip
- Group equipment
What happens if I need to cancel the trip?
If you decide to cancel, you’ll get a 100% refund (minus fees) if the cancellation is notified up to 60 days before the start of the tour, a 75% refund (minus fees) if you cancel between 59 and 30 days before the start of the tour, and a 50% refund if you cancel between 29 and 21 days before the start of the tour. If you cancel less than 21 days before the first day of the tour, you won’t receive a refund. Take into account, however, that if accommodation, flights or transfers were included in the trip you booked, then a different policy may apply as the guide will be bound by the provider’s cancellation policy.
What happens if the guide cancels the trip because of bad weather/unsuitable conditions?
If bad weather or unsuitable conditions force the guide to cancel the trip, he or she will: a) propose a similar activity at a different place where conditions are better, or b) propose to postpone the activity until a later date, or c) cancel. If you refuse option a), our cancellation policy will apply. Please note, however, that the call to cancel a trip due to bad weather can only be made by the guide (not the client).
What happens if the guide doesn’t show up or cancels for personal reasons?
If the guide cancels for reason of injury or other, you will get a 100% refund on your trip.
Pick up at La Paz and transfer
- Pick up at La Paz
- 280 km ride to camp
- Views of the Titikaka lake
- Ride through Achacachi, into the Cordillera
- Arrival at the vertiginous curve valley (3,700 m)
Trekking - Akamani
- Morning: free time to visit the village
- Panoramic views of the Akamani mountain
- 3 h trek to the next camping (4,300 m)
Trekking - Inka Kancha
- 4,780 m mountain pass
- Inka Kancha vestiges (4,200 m)
- Camping close to a waterfall
- Total trekking time for the day: around 5 hours
Trekking - Sunchuli valley
- Trek towards the Sunchuli valley
- Camping (4,700 m)
- Total trekking time for the day: around 6 hours
Trekking - Illo Illo and Sunchuli pass
- Highlight of the tour: the Sunchuli mountain pass (5,100 m)
- Andean panoramic view
- Descent to the Illo Illo river
- Camping by the river (3,800 m)
Trekking - Pelechuco
- Trek through an ancient Inca path
- Sunchuli mine
- Descent to Pelechuco (3,540 m)
- Total trekking time for the day: around 5 hours
Return to La Paz
- Return to La Paz from Pelechuco. Estimated transfer time: 9 hours
- Visit to the Ulla Ulla National Park (reservoir for vicuñas and other endangered species)
- Arrival to La Paz
- End of guided tour
About the Guide
I work together with several IFMGA/UIAGM colleagues. So if I'm not available to guide you, one of my colleagues equally certified will guide you.
I began to climb the mountain when I was 15 years old. I was born in Pinaya (3.800 m.a.s.l.), a region located not far away from the top of the base camp of the majestic snow-covered Illimani (6.462 m.a.s.l.). I dedicated most part of my life to climb different ice and Rock Mountains through the Cordillera Real, Cordillera Occidental, and Cordillera de Apolobamba.
What People Say about -Jenaro Yupanqui
Join our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!