The north of Norway is known for the impressive Lyngen Alps, close to Tromsø. Nevertheless the Troms area offers a lot more for skiers than just the Lyngen peninsula.
You can choose your ski touring area from a variety of interesting places in Troms, from valleys to islands. They all have their own special taste but the common factor is high quality ski touring in a beautiful landscape, generally with views of a fjord and the sea.
Here are just a few of these brilliant spots:
– Tromsø: The perfect basecamp for ski touring in the surounding areas.
– Stor Hollendaren: 1100m ski touring directly from sea level. To descend, you can choose steepeness variation up to 40°. From the summit a view opens up to the Ocean.
– Storstolpan: Around 1000 m ski touring to the last peak of the island. Incredible views from the summit of the Ocean.
– Stortinden – couloirs: Steep and narrow couloirs on the west end of Malangen Peninsula. Great views of the fjord.
– Blabaertinden: a classic touring mountain in Tamokdalen, known for its powder snow. Great steep variant descents on the east side.
– Daltinden: 1500 m ski tour in the majestic Lyngen peninsula. Descent to wards the north via vast skiable slopes. A good alternative is the round trip ascending the mountain from the southeast.
Contact me if you wish to come and enjoy ski touring in the fjords of northern Norway. It will be my pleasure to guide you up there and show you my secret spots, sometimes off the beaten tracks.
Price per person
|Group of 2||1540.00EUR|
- Guiding fee