Backcountry skiing in the Troms region, in the surroundings of the Lyngen Alps and Tromsø, in the north of Norway, with Juho, IFMGA mountain guide.
Mar, Apr, May
The north of Norway is known for the impressive Lyngen Alps, close to Tromsø. Nevertheless the Troms area offers a lot more for skiers than just the Lyngen peninsula.
You can choose your ski touring area from a variety of interesting places in Troms, from valleys to islands. They all have their own special taste but the common factor is high quality ski touring in a beautiful landscape, generally with views of a fjord and the sea.
Here are just a few of these brilliant spots:
– Tromsø: The perfect basecamp for ski touring in the surounding areas.
– Stor Hollendaren: 1100m ski touring directly from sea level. To descend, you can choose steepeness variation up to 40°. From the summit a view opens up to the Ocean.
– Storstolpan: Around 1000 m ski touring to the last peak of the island. Incredible views from the summit of the Ocean.
– Stortinden – couloirs: Steep and narrow couloirs on the west end of Malangen Peninsula. Great views of the fjord.
– Blabaertinden: a classic touring mountain in Tamokdalen, known for its powder snow. Great steep variant descents on the east side.
– Daltinden: 1500 m ski tour in the majestic Lyngen peninsula. Descent to wards the north via vast skiable slopes. A good alternative is the round trip ascending the mountain from the southeast.
Contact me if you wish to come and enjoy ski touring in the fjords of northern Norway. It will be my pleasure to guide you up there and show you my secret spots, sometimes off the beaten tracks.
- Guiding fee
We can arrange the accommodation in Djupvik.
Tromsø-Langnes Airport, Tromsø, Norway.
Hi, my name is Juho, a mountain guide originally from Finland. I started to guide when I came to Chile end of 2006. I was a living and working in Chile while I took UIAGM guiding cources in Argentina until 2011. Nowadays I am living on the shore of Lake of Constanz on Swiss-German border. ...and guiding from here in the Alps, Northern Scandinavia and in the Andes. I have also a small guiding company in Konstanz.
German | | English
Guide was awesome. Great terrain selection, finding good snow and overall trip organization. Would definitely go with him in the future.
Guided ski touring in the Arctic, 1-week Skiing from a lodge in Uløya, Lyngen Fjord
Ski and sail tour in the Lyngen Alps, Norway
Northern Lights ski touring in the Lyngen Alps
Ski and sail week in Norway
All-inclusive outdoor winter sports week program in the Lyngen Alps
8 days Super Off-road Truck Freeride skiing in Troms, Norway
Holidays in Northern Norway: ski touring in the Lyngen Alps
Ski touring in the Arctic, 1-week Skiing from a lodge in Uløya, Lyngen Fjord (Self-guided)
8 day guided ski touring trip in Senja, Norway
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures.