People per Guide
Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep
Type of Trip
The famous and mythical GR 20 from South to North – from Conca to Calenzana – with a lightweight backpack!
During the course, we will enjoy the scenery of this “mountain in the sea”. Passages in the forest, a hundred peaks over 2000 m, block routes, a technical group to make of this route an exceptional playground.
Two experienced guides will supervise you. We have a perfect knowledge of the terrain and will assist the group during the stay.
Since your travel bags will be transported from stage to stage, you will only need to carry your equipment for the day. An important asset to enjoy the maximum you can and put the odds on your side.
This tour is for experienced trail runners, used to technical fields and mountains.
There are several reasons why this trail running is fantastic:
– A mythical course with demanding and beautiful steps
– A transfer of the travel bags and a daily assistance for light running
– 7 steps from the South towards the North for a balanced course
– The ideal preparation for the UTMB due to its distance or the Diagonale des Fous due its technicality
– Professional advice on how to best prepare the course
– Logistics: transfers, assistance, baggage transportation, accommodation, meals.
In the ‘extra’ section below, you’ll find information about the required trail running level you need to have. You will also see the equipment that you need to bring with you.
During these 7 days we will run on average 35km a day and go up from 1500 to 2500 meters. We will mainly be on single tracks and technical trails (stone, névé…). We will partially run off trails and be on aerial paths.
Are you interested in this beautiful adventure on the GR 20? Then I invite you to contact me. We will have the opportunity to discuss the details, your level and your desires… It will be a pleasure for me to be your guide and coach during these 7 days! And if you want to practice trail running on traces of the UTMB, have a look at this trip!
Price per person
- Guiding fee
- All meals during trip
- Transport during the trip
- Luggage transfer during the trip
What happens if I need to cancel the trip?
If you decide to cancel, you’ll get a 100% refund (minus fees) if the cancellation is notified up to 60 days before the start of the tour, a 75% refund (minus fees) if you cancel between 59 and 30 days before the start of the tour, and a 50% refund if you cancel between 29 and 21 days before the start of the tour. If you cancel less than 21 days before the first day of the tour, you won’t receive a refund. Take into account, however, that if accommodation, flights or transfers were included in the trip you booked, then a different policy may apply as the guide will be bound by the provider’s cancellation policy.
What happens if the guide cancels the trip because of bad weather/unsuitable conditions?
If bad weather or unsuitable conditions force the guide to cancel the trip, he or she will: a) propose a similar activity at a different place where conditions are better, or b) propose to postpone the activity until a later date, or c) cancel. If you refuse option a), our cancellation policy will apply. Please note, however, that the call to cancel a trip due to bad weather can only be made by the guide (not the client).
What happens if the guide doesn’t show up or cancels for personal reasons?
If the guide cancels for reason of injury or other, you will get a 100% refund on your trip.
Meeting at Bastia, transfer to Conca. Step Conca - Bavella
6 h run, 18 km, D+ 1800 m
Meeting at the Bastia sea port at 7:30AM, then transfer in minibus to the Conca village (2 hours).
Bavella – Zicavo
7 h run, 26 km, D+ 1650 m.
Zicavo - Verde
7 h run, 22 km, D+ 1850 m.
Verde - Vizzavona
8 h run, 32 km, D+ 1650 m.
Vizzavona – Col Verghio
14 h run, 45 km, D+ 3200 m.
Col Vergio – Asco
10 h run, 30 km, D+ 2100 m.
Asco - Calenzana
11 h run, 30 km, D+ 2200 m.
Transfer to Calvi, overnight in lodge.
Transfer to airport and maritime station
Calvi or Bastia.
|01/07/2019 to 07/07/2019|
|26/08/2019 to 01/09/2019|
|23/09/2019 to 29/09/2019|
In lodges (dormitories).
A minimum number of participants (defined in advance) is required for the departure to take place. If the number of participants is insufficient and the departure is cancelled, clients will be informed via a phone call at least a week prior to the scheduled departure date and will receive a complete refund.
Clients are required to have a multi-risk insurance, covering cancellation fees, rescue and accident, repatriation and baggage loss or theft.
(GR20 en 5 jours en Corse)
Group size: 9 to 12 people.
- Regular practice of running and other endurance activities 4-5 times per week for at least 1:15hs
- Regular practice of walking course in varied terrains
- Regular practice of mountain hiking
- Experience and participation in mountain trails of at least 40 km and 2000 m D+
- During the day: a light backpack with a waterproof jacket, a long sleeve warm fleece type, a survival blanket, a whistle, an individual pharmacy kit*, a cap or headband, a hat and thin gloves, sunglasses suitable for running, long tights if you are wearing shorts to run, cereal bars and energy drinks, a plastic bag for waste, biodegradable toilet paper, a headlamp and spare batteries, a minimum reserve water of 1.5L, an elastic strapping strip and some cash
- To wear: running short, a short-sleeved t-shirt, running socks and already worn trail shoes
- For the whole stay: a down, a towel, spare clothes for 8 days, a personal hygiene kit, spare shoes, a spare water socket, spare batteries for the headlamp, a pair of spare laces, sandals for the evening, a pocketknife and earplugs
- Recommended additional equipment: poles and camera
* Individual pharmacy kit: anti-friction cream, sunscreen, double skin dressings, elastic band, paracetamol, anti-diarrheal, antiseptic and personal drugs
About the Guide
I hold the State Certificate of Mountain Leader (UIMLA), Athlete of Team Garmin Adventure. I won many trail competitions such as Oxygen Challenge, The Glaciers Tour of Vanoise, Albertville Trail, Drayes Blanches of Vercors, the Frison Roche Beaufort, Run and skate of Chamonix… I have also some racing podiums such as the Saintélyon, the Lyon Urban Trail, the Causses Marathon, the Allobroges. I am an ex-sportswoman of high level in rowing (World Championships, World Cups, France Championships). I have a mastery STAPS (Sport) and BEES First degree in rowing.
I organise and supervise many trail courses in the Alps with a pro team, a friends group with whom we have a mission: Run and enjoy! I invite you to contact me if you want to train and/or discover these incredible massifs.
What People Say about Caroline Freslon
Join our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!