Massif des Calanques
People per Guide
May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
Type of Trip
During this training course for experienced trail runners, you thrive in the heart of the beautiful Calanques National Park, in front of the Mediterranean Sea. A combination of amazing scenery, altitude change, dry and arid climate. Moreover, a great technical field for those who wish to prepare for the most demanding trails. For example Diagonal of Fools, Bourbon, Restonica Trail, skyrunning…
You will be able to share with trail professionals on the ground and the theory about ultra trail and sky running.
It requires mountain walking!
In a nutshell, a cozy weekend in a spirit of sharing and discovery, a serious time not to be taken seriously!
This is a unique course that I particularly appreciate for the following reasons:
– Comfy accommodation in hotel facing the port and the beach, in the heart of town;
– A course focused on technical progress (stability, efficiency downhill, trust etc);
– A sports training discovering an exceptional spot: the Calanques between the sea and mountains;
– Quick and easy access from Paris via Marseille (3:20h TGV).
In the ‘extra’ section below, you’ll find information about the required trail running level you need to have. You will also see the equipment that you need to bring with you.
During these 3 days we will run on average 35km a day and go up from 1500 to 2500 meters. We will mainly be on single tracks and technical trails (stone, névé…). We will partially run off trails and be on aerial paths.
Does this beautiful and adventurous trail sound interesting? Then I invite you to contact me! I’d be happy to take you and coach you during these three days. And for another great trail running trip, have a look at this one in Gran Paradiso!
Price per person
- Guiding fee
What happens if I need to cancel the trip?
If you decide to cancel, you’ll get a 100% refund (minus fees) if the cancellation is notified up to 60 days before the start of the tour, a 75% refund (minus fees) if you cancel between 59 and 30 days before the start of the tour, and a 50% refund if you cancel between 29 and 21 days before the start of the tour. If you cancel less than 21 days before the first day of the tour, you won’t receive a refund. Take into account, however, that if accommodation, flights or transfers were included in the trip you booked, then a different policy may apply as the guide will be bound by the provider’s cancellation policy.
What happens if the guide cancels the trip because of bad weather/unsuitable conditions?
If bad weather or unsuitable conditions force the guide to cancel the trip, he or she will: a) propose a similar activity at a different place where conditions are better, or b) propose to postpone the activity until a later date, or c) cancel. If you refuse option a), our cancellation policy will apply. Please note, however, that the call to cancel a trip due to bad weather can only be made by the guide (not the client).
What happens if the guide doesn’t show up or cancels for personal reasons?
If the guide cancels for reason of injury or other, you will get a 100% refund on your trip.
Trail outing ½ day
16 km, around 800m D +
Reception at the residence in the late morning, then check-in into the rooms. Briefing on the course of the stay, presentation of participants, picnic. A warm-up outing to start well the course and discuss technical concepts. Evening of exchanges around the ultratrail practice.
Marseille to Cassis by the Calanques
35 km, 2200m D +
Trail day, an unforgettable journey where you will discover breathtaking spots during a technical and challenging course to develop your mountain foot! Some magical and vertiginous passages at the same time, you will need to be technical and skilled to rally the Calanques from Marseille to Cassis… Picnic during the day, back to the hotel in the late afternoon.
Rail outing, ridges and the Cap Canaille
4h, 25km, 1000m D +
Cap Canaille forms an immense stone rampart. Indeed, its sea cliffs are the highest in France. The paths that wind through this massif will offer spectacular views of the Cassis golf, the Calanques, the Riou archipelago in the bay of Marseille to the West and to the Var in the east. Picnic, then return to the hotel in the early afternoon. End of the course by mid-afternoon.
You will be staying in a 2* hotel in the center of Cassis, in double rooms (not included).
Clients are required to have a multi-risk insurance, covering cancellation fees, rescue and accident, repatriation and baggage loss or theft.
(Stage trail dans les Calanques)
- Regular practice of running and other endurance activities 4-5 times per week for at least 1:15hs
- Regular practice of foot race in varied terrain
- Regular practice of mountain hiking
- Experience & participation in trails in the mountains of at least 40km and 2000m D +
- During the day: a light backpack with a waterproof jacket, a long sleeve warm fleece type, a survival blanket, a whistle, an individual pharmacy kit*, a cap or headband, a hat and thin gloves, sunglasses suitable for running, long tights if you are wearing shorts to run, cereal bars and energy drinks, a plastic bag for waste, biodegradable toilet paper, a headlamp, a minimum reserve water of 2L (we can't get water on the Marseille - Cassis stage), an elastic strapping strip and some cash
- To wear: running short, a short-sleeved t-shirt, running socks and already worn trail shoes
- For the whole stay: spare clothes for 3 days, a personal hygiene kit, spare shoes, a spare water socket, spare batteries for the headlamp, a pair of spare laces, a pocketknife and earplugs
- Recommended additional equipment: camera
* Individual pharmacy kit: anti-friction cream, sunscreen, double skin dressings, elastic band, paracetamol, anti-diarrheal, antiseptic and personal drugs
About the Guide
I hold the State Certificate of Mountain Leader (UIMLA), Athlete of Team Garmin Adventure. I won many trail competitions such as Oxygen Challenge, The Glaciers Tour of Vanoise, Albertville Trail, Drayes Blanches of Vercors, the Frison Roche Beaufort, Run and skate of Chamonix… I have also some racing podiums such as the Saintélyon, the Lyon Urban Trail, the Causses Marathon, the Allobroges. I am an ex-sportswoman of high level in rowing (World Championships, World Cups, France Championships). I have a mastery STAPS (Sport) and BEES First degree in rowing.
I organise and supervise many trail courses in the Alps with a pro team, a friends group with whom we have a mission: Run and enjoy! I invite you to contact me if you want to train and/or discover these incredible massifs.
What People Say about this Trip