People per Guide
May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
Type of Trip
Three days of trail running in the heart of the Gran Paradiso National Park, in Italy, to approach the environment of high mountains and run in the vast wilderness.
You will enjoy amazing days with mountain passes at over 3000 m in sumptuous landscapes. In addition, staying in a chalet in the mountains with every comfort will help you relax in the evenings. Moreover, in the evening, the vigil around the large wooden table and Luigi stories will leave you with lasting memories.
During these 3 days we will run on average 35km a day and go up from 1500 to 2500 meters. We will mainly be on single tracks and technical trails (stone, névé…). We will partially run off trails and be on aerial paths.
The highlights of this 3-day trail running course are the following:
- A wild stay in a remote and uncommon place, in the heart of the Gran Paradiso National Park;
- The Accommodation in a comfortable mountain chalet;
- An inspiring and sportive weekend to begin Autumn in good shape.
In the ‘extra’ section below, you’ll find information about the required trail running level you need to have. You will also see the equipment that you need to bring with you.
I invite you to send me a request if you want to train with me in this splendid setting of Val d’Aosta.
If ever this program should not meet your expectations, I will present my other trips that I organize all year round, in the Alps and elsewhere, for beginners and more experienced in trail. For example, this trail running stage in the beautiful Beaufortain.
Price per person
- Guiding fee
- All meals during trip
What happens if I need to cancel the trip?
If you decide to cancel, you’ll get a 100% refund (minus fees) if the cancellation is notified up to 60 days before the start of the tour, a 75% refund (minus fees) if you cancel between 59 and 30 days before the start of the tour, and a 50% refund if you cancel between 29 and 21 days before the start of the tour. If you cancel less than 21 days before the first day of the tour, you won’t receive a refund. Take into account, however, that if accommodation, flights or transfers were included in the trip you booked, then a different policy may apply as the guide will be bound by the provider’s cancellation policy.
What happens if the guide cancels the trip because of bad weather/unsuitable conditions?
If bad weather or unsuitable conditions force the guide to cancel the trip, he or she will: a) propose a similar activity at a different place where conditions are better, or b) propose to postpone the activity until a later date, or c) cancel. If you refuse option a), our cancellation policy will apply. Please note, however, that the call to cancel a trip due to bad weather can only be made by the guide (not the client).
What happens if the guide doesn’t show up or cancels for personal reasons?
If the guide cancels for reason of injury or other, you will get a 100% refund on your trip.
Trail ½ day
About 10km, 600m D +
A mountainside warm-up course which leads us to the mountain chalet. The opportunity to discover a magical hidden place, inaccessible by road. Here the Aosta Valley welcome will leave you a lasting memory.
Day trip trail at altitude: La Pointe de la Traversière (3337m) and the Bassac
About 25km, 1500m D +
It’s difficult to describe the beautiful landscapes during this day. We move up the glaciers to admire the highest peaks around France, Italy and Switzerland. This relatively technical track will allow us to run in a high mountain atmosphere and in Sky running spirit!
Trail at altitude daily outing: La Pointe Basei (3338m) and the Rosset pass
About 28km, 1400m D +
A final day among glacial lakes of the Gran Paradiso National Park which raises us over 2 high passes with technical passages (mountain walk required). Return to the cars in the evening, baggage recovery and departure.
|06/09/2019 to 08/09/2019|
You will stay in shared rooms (2-4 people) in a chalet. In the silence of a valley at the foot of the Granta Parey (3387m), under the stars, you will live a unique experience. A comfortable cottage, restored in the local tradition of the old wood. Each room is different, decorated with elegance to contribute to your well being and good recovery after a day of trail!
A minimum number of participants (defined in advance) is required for the departure to take place. If the number of participants is insufficient and the departure is cancelled, clients will be informed via a phone call at least a week prior to the scheduled departure date and will receive a complete refund.
Clients are required to have a multi-risk insurance, covering cancellation fees, rescue and accident, repatriation and baggage loss or theft.
(Stage de trail dans le Grand Paradis)
This course is dedicated for trail runners with...
- Regular practice of running and other endurance activities 4-5 times per week for at least 1:15hs
- Regular practice of running in varied terrain
- Regular practice of mountain hiking
- Experience & participation in trails in the mountains of at least 40km and 2000m D +
Equipment you need to take:
- During the day: a light backpack with a waterproof jacket, a long sleeve warm fleece type, a survival blanket, a whistle, an individual pharmacy kit*, a cap or headband, a hat and thin gloves, sunglasses suitable for running, long tights if you are wearing shorts to run, cereal bars and energy drinks, a plastic bag for waste, biodegradable toilet paper, a headlamp, a minimum reserve water of 1.5L, an elastic strapping strip and some cash
- To wear: running short, a short-sleeved t-shirt, running socks and already worn trail shoes
- For the whole stay: spare clothes for 3 days, a personal hygiene kit, spare shoes, a spare water socket, spare batteries for the headlamp, a pair of spare laces, a pocketknife and earplugs
- Recommended additional equipment: poles and camera
* Individual pharmacy kit: anti-friction cream, sunscreen, double skin dressings, elastic band, paracetamol, anti-diarrheal, antiseptic and personal drugs
The price doesn't include :
- the individual insurance
- the additional food you want to take (snacks, energy drinks...)
- the personal expenses
- the drinks during the meals
About the Guide
I hold the State Certificate of Mountain Leader (UIMLA), Athlete of Team Garmin Adventure. I won many trail competitions such as Oxygen Challenge, The Glaciers Tour of Vanoise, Albertville Trail, Drayes Blanches of Vercors, the Frison Roche Beaufort, Run and skate of Chamonix… I have also some racing podiums such as the Saintélyon, the Lyon Urban Trail, the Causses Marathon, the Allobroges. I am an ex-sportswoman of high level in rowing (World Championships, World Cups, France Championships). I have a mastery STAPS (Sport) and BEES First degree in rowing.
I organise and supervise many trail courses in the Alps with a pro team, a friends group with whom we have a mission: Run and enjoy! I invite you to contact me if you want to train and/or discover these incredible massifs.
What People Say about Caroline Freslon
Join our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!