This trip around Mont Blanc takes traces of UTMB ® is indeed a mythical race in the world trail calendar (166 km and 9600 meters of altitude change). You will progress in breathtaking landscapes in company of an experienced trail leader. We will cover many topics, for example: recognition of the UTMB ® course, advice on physical preparation and nutrition, equipment advice, technical improvement…
The opportunity to take care of key aspects of a good physical and mental preparation for this legendary ultra trail. The trip is for runners with ample experience. In addition, you must have already participated in long trails or steps (a race book is required upon registration).
In the ‘extra’ section below, you’ll find information about the required trail running level you need to have and the equipment you’ll need to bring with you.
During these 4 days we will run on average 35km a day and go up from 1500 to 2500 meters. We will mainly be on single tracks and technical trails (stone, névé…). We will partially run off trails and be on aerial paths.
Does this trail running training around Mont Blanc sound interesting? Then please don’t hesitate to contact me! We will have the opportunity to discuss your level.
If this course is not appropriate, we will talk about all the others trips that I organize this year in the Alps and elsewhere, for beginners and experienced trail runners. If you are looking for a longer trip here, I also offer this UTMB race trail training in 7 days.
Chamonix – Contamines, Nant Borrant refuge
31km, D +1450/-1650m
Contamines - Courmayeur
47km, D +2850/-2810m
Courmayeur - Champex
45 km, D +2550/-2250m
Champex - Chamonix
43,5 km, D +2500/-3730m
|19/07/2018 to 22/07/2018|
|26/07/2018 to 29/07/2018|
Price per person
- Guiding fee
- All meals during trip
- Luggage transfer during the trip
Skill level required
Fitness level required
In refuges and lodges.
(Tour du Mont Blanc 4 jours)
Group size: 9 to 14 people.
The equipment :
- During the day : a light backpack with a waterproof jacket, a long sleeve warm fleece type, an individual pharmacy kit*, a cap or headband, a hat and thin gloves, sunglasses suitable for running, long tights if you are wearing shorts to run, cereal bars and energy drinks, a plastic bag for waste, biodegradable toilet paper, a headlamp, a minimum reserve water of 1.5L, an elastic strapping strip and some cash
- To wear: running short, a short-sleeved t-shirt, running socks and already worn trail shoes
- For the whole stay: a silk sheet, a towel, spare clothes for 4 days, a personal hygiene kit, spare shoes, a spare water socket, spare batteries for the headlamp, a pair of spare laces, a pocketknife and earplugs
- Recommended additional equipment: poles and camera
* Individual pharmacy kit: anti-friction cream, sunscreen, double skin dressings, elastic band, paracetamol, anti-diarrheal, antiseptic and personal drugs