Reception at the hotel at 14:00h. Presentation of Caroline and Sébastien. Briefing about the program of the 3-day course. Trail running session on low-tech trail around the hotel (approximately 2 h- +900m). Round table on physical preparation: How to plan your season? What errors to avoid?What mistakes to avoid?
Morning: “Learning to run, energy saving while going downhill, managing efficiently the way up”. Then technical trail running sessions on varied terrain, advice on the field by Sébastien Chaigneau. Lunch at the restaurant.
Afternoon: “Understanding the importance of specific muscular strengthening”: trail running session (approximately 1:30 h). Round table about nutrition: eating hubits, diet during race. We will watch the film “An Endurance Life”.
Trail outing to put into practice the previously discussed topics. Return to the hotel in the early afternoon. Closing lunch at the restaurant and debriefing. End of the program in the afternoon (around 4:30PM).
|27/09/2019 to 29/09/2019|
We will meet at the hotel. You can geth ther by car: Combloux, A40 motorway direction Chamonix, exit Albertville, direction Combloux; or by train: SNCF station at Saint Gervais Le Fayet www.voyages-sncf.com.
2 nights in a 4* hotel at Combloux. Double and triple rooms.
There is a possibility of overnight stay. Extra or single room on request subject to availability.
For group tours, a minimum number of participants (defined in advance) is required for the departure to take place. If the number of participants is insufficient and the departure is cancelled, clients will be informed via a phone call at least a week prior to the scheduled departure date and will receive a complete refund.
Clients are required to have a multi-risk insurance, covering cancellation fees, rescue and accident, repatriation and baggage loss or theft.
-Water: Drinking water is not often available on the running courses. Therefore you should take t least 1.5 to 2 L in your backpack (water bottles or bottles).
-The terrain is very varied and sometimes technical, with alternation of forest tracks, from singles to ridges, alpine meadows, passages in rocks and scree.
- Regular practice of running and other endurance sports : 3-4 times a week for at least 1:15h
- Regular practice of running in varied terrain, experience & participation in races or nature trails 20 to 40km
- Occasional practice of mountain hiking
- Be able to progress at a minimum speed of 600m D + / hr for 1 hour
- Mountain environment knowledge
- During the day: a light backpack with a waterproof jacket, a long sleeve warm fleece type, a survival blanket, a whistle, an individual pharmacy kit*, a cap or headband, a hat and thin gloves, sunglasses suitable for running, long tights if you are wearing shorts to run, cereal bars and energy drinks, a plastic bag for waste, biodegradable toilet paper, a headlamp, a minimum reserve water of 1.5L, an elastic strapping strip and some cash
- To wear: running short, a short-sleeved t-shirt, running socks and already worn trail shoes
- For the whole stay: a ground sheet, spare clothes for 3 days, a personal hygiene kit, spare shoes, a spare water socket, spare batteries for the headlamp, a pair of spare laces, a pocketknife and earplugs
- Recommended additional equipment: poles, camera and a heart rate monitor.
* Individual pharmacy kit: anti-friction cream, sunscreen, double skin dressings, elastic band, paracetamol, anti-diarrheal, antiseptic and personal drugs
I hold the State Certificate of Mountain Leader (UIMLA), Athlete of Team Garmin Adventure. I won many trail competitions such as Oxygen Challenge, The Glaciers Tour of Vanoise, Albertville Trail, Drayes Blanches of Vercors, the Frison Roche Beaufort, Run and skate of Chamonix… I have also some racing podiums such as the Saintélyon, the Lyon Urban Trail, the Causses Marathon, the Allobroges. I am an ex-sportswoman of high level in rowing (World Championships, World Cups, France Championships). I have a mastery STAPS (Sport) and BEES First degree in rowing.
I organise and supervise many trail courses in the Alps with a pro team, a friends group with whom we have a mission: Run and enjoy! I invite you to contact me if you want to train and/or discover these incredible massifs.
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!