People per Guide
Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov
Type of Trip
Three days of trail to practice in the area of the Mont Blanc marathon and to share information about preparing for this circuit. Indeed, it’s now unavoidable on the international calendar of mountaineering runners. In order to be closer to the information, you will be received at the Maison des Sports Chamonix by the staff organization of the race. It is the opportunity to receive the best advices and details of the tour!
You will stay in a familiar hotel 3*. The setting is exceptional in the heart of a large park opposite to the Mont Blanc and the Bossons glacier. Besides, the menus are planned according to specifications for the practice in the track. In addition, you will have a spa and sauna available for optimal recovery!
In the ‘extra’ section below, you’ll find information about the required trail running level you need to have. You will also see the equipment that you need to bring with you.
During these 3 days we will run on average 20-35km a day and go up from 1000 to 2000 meters. We will mainly be on single tracks and technical trails terrain. We will partially be on aerial paths.
Is the Marathon du Mont Blanc in the list of the next races you want to run? Then please contact me! I would love to introduce you to its beautiful trails and share with you my extensive mountain experience. If this program does not match your wishes, your level… I can bring in other courses I organize so you can choose the one that best suits your needs. In the Mont Blanc area I also have this 80km trail and the UTMB training.
Price per person
- Guiding fee
What happens if I need to cancel the trip?
If you decide to cancel, you’ll get a 100% refund (minus fees) if the cancellation is notified up to 60 days before the start of the tour, a 75% refund (minus fees) if you cancel between 59 and 30 days before the start of the tour, and a 50% refund if you cancel between 29 and 21 days before the start of the tour. If you cancel less than 21 days before the first day of the tour, you won’t receive a refund. Take into account, however, that if accommodation, flights or transfers were included in the trip you booked, then a different policy may apply as the guide will be bound by the provider’s cancellation policy.
What happens if the guide cancels the trip because of bad weather/unsuitable conditions?
If bad weather or unsuitable conditions force the guide to cancel the trip, he or she will: a) propose a similar activity at a different place where conditions are better, or b) propose to postpone the activity until a later date, or c) cancel. If you refuse option a), our cancellation policy will apply. Please note, however, that the call to cancel a trip due to bad weather can only be made by the guide (not the client).
What happens if the guide doesn’t show up or cancels for personal reasons?
If the guide cancels for reason of injury or other, you will get a 100% refund on your trip.
Chamonix - Vallorcine
Arrival to the hotel mid-morning, check in the rooms, then picnic.
1PM: Welcome and conference at the Maison des Sports Chamonix.
2PM: Start of the first part of the trail: Chamonix – Vallorcine (18km).
Transfer by public bus to Chamonix and return by bus from Vallorcine. Return to the hotel mid-afternoon. Exchanges about the physical preparation and how to approach this race. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Vallorcine - Chamonix
Breakfast, then transfer by public bus to Vallorcine. Start of the second part of the course: Vallorcine – Chamonix (25 km). Picnic during the day. Return to hotel in the late afternoon. Then exchanges on nutrition during the race: tips and experiences. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Aiguilletes des Houches
Breakfast, then departure for a half day trail on the way to the Aiguillette des Houches to admire the exceptional view of the Mont Blanc massif, the Aiguilles Rouges and Fiz. Return to the hotel in the late morning. Finally closing lunch in the hotel restaurant and debriefing. The course ends on Sunday afternoon.
3* Hotel with Spa (not included)
Clients are required to have a multi-risk insurance, covering cancellation fees, rescue and accident, repatriation and baggage loss or theft.
(Reconnaissance du marathon du Mont Blanc)
- Regular practice of running and other endurance sports 3-4 times a week for at least 1:15h
- Regular practice of running on varied terrains, experience and participation in races or natural trails from 20 to 40 km
- Occasional practice of mountain hiking
- Being able to evolve at a minimum speed of 600 m of positive vertical drop/h for 1 hour
- Knowledge of mountain environment
- During the day: a light backpack with a waterproof jacket, a long sleeve warm fleece type, a survival blanket, a whistle, an individual pharmacy kit*, a cap or headband, a hat and thin gloves, sunglasses suitable for running, long tights if you are wearing shorts to run, cereal bars and energy drinks, a plastic bag for waste, biodegradable toilet paper, a headlamp, a minimum reserve water of 1.5L, an elastic strapping strip and some cash
- To wear: running short, a short-sleeved t-shirt, running socks and already worn trail shoes
- For the whole stay: spare clothes for 3 days, a personal hygiene kit, spare shoes, a spare water socket, spare batteries for the headlamp, a pair of spare laces, a pocketknife and earplugs
- Recommended additional equipment: poles and camera
* Individual pharmacy kit: anti-friction cream, sunscreen, double skin dressings, elastic band, paracetamol, anti-diarrheal, antiseptic and personal drugs
About the Guide
I hold the State Certificate of Mountain Leader (UIMLA), Athlete of Team Garmin Adventure. I won many trail competitions such as Oxygen Challenge, The Glaciers Tour of Vanoise, Albertville Trail, Drayes Blanches of Vercors, the Frison Roche Beaufort, Run and skate of Chamonix… I have also some racing podiums such as the Saintélyon, the Lyon Urban Trail, the Causses Marathon, the Allobroges. I am an ex-sportswoman of high level in rowing (World Championships, World Cups, France Championships). I have a mastery STAPS (Sport) and BEES First degree in rowing.
I organise and supervise many trail courses in the Alps with a pro team, a friends group with whom we have a mission: Run and enjoy! I invite you to contact me if you want to train and/or discover these incredible massifs.
What People Say about Caroline Freslon