People per Guide
May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
Type of Trip
This 3-day program is designed for trailers who wish to get prepared for a race or for the ones who are looking to progress in long distance running in order to reach the next level.
My objective will be to help you putting things together in order for you to reach an objective which makes sense.
We will focus on 2 main areas:
– Technical preparation = downhill, hill climbing, use of poles, running at night, sprint, revival…
– Mental preparation = relaxation, rest time management…
The video will be used during some workshops in order to highlight and work on what needs to be improved.
I will take up to 6 persons in order for me to bring your the necessary attention. Going together with a group is also a very good way to progress because you will learn from each other.
We will spend the day in the mountains of the Chamonix Valley (Mont Blanc Massif, Aiguilles Rouges…) offering breathtaking panorama and the perfect set up to work on the different technical exercices.
In the evenings, after having a rest, we will have discussions with professionals about medical problems, mental aspects, nutrition and equipment.
Please note that this program can also be run for 2 days and so be followed for trail runners who have only the weekend to train.
I can also organise tailor made program based on what you are looking for and the time you have. Please get in touch with me and let’s discuss about it.
Included in the price
This includes supervision, refreshments, travel to the different sites, the activities of the different speakers.
275€/Pers for 3 days.
From mid-June to the start of December.
Spots of interest
Trail running in Chamonix
Price per person
About the Guide
A mountain guide for the last 20 years, I’m also a ski instructor, a mental coach, a trainer and a lecturer. Apart from climbing many summits in France, Switzerland, Italy, Ecuador and Africa, I’m the founder of Eco Mt Blanc (Mt Blanc ascent in less than 24 hours without using lifts and without spending the night in a hut). I’m also a “finisher” of many ultra-trail races, including the Tor Des Géants (330km and 24000 D+) in 132 hours.
For 6 years now, I’ve just been running for pleasure and greatly enjoy preparing runners, both technically and mentally, who seek to get started on long-distance races.
• IFMGA-certified mountain guide
• Founder of the Kariboo-Adventure agency
• Ski instructor (certified by the Ecole Nationale de Ski et D’Alpinisme)
• Trainer at the Fédération Française de Ski
• University graduate in mental preparation and performance coaching
• Mental skills coach at the FFS
• Health & wellbeing coach in various companies
• Lecturer on emotion management and team building at several universities
What People Say about -James Kaler