Come climb the Villarrica Volcano, the most active volcano of the region! This 2-day ascent will be led by a certified mountain guide.
The Villarrica Volcano, also known locally as Rucapillan (which means strong spirit), is located in the 9th region of Araucania, between the Villarrica and Pucón villages. It is a really lonely mountain since it is not surrounded by other peaks. Its conical shape covered with an immaculate white snow gives an outstanding beauty to this desolate landscape.
Villarrica is the most active volcano in Chile, registering its last eruption in March 2015. However it is at the same time the most climbed massif in America with more than 14,000 people coming to Chile each season.
This 2-day climbing trip proposes to ascend a total of 1400 meters of altitude and 6 kilometers of route. In any case the ascent implies a simple slope reaching a maximum of 35º of inclination in its most difficult section. The ascent to the summit will take less than 5 hours. From up there we can look inside the volcanic caldera and see the lava boiling. It’ll be a really exciting adventure!
Are you coming? So get in touch with me by filling out the form and sending your request for next season! It’ll be my great pleasure to be your guide!
The schedules of the itinerary can be modified due to the security of the group and to be able to be successful at the summit.
There is the option of hiring porters if you wish.
We will meet at 6:30 PM in Pucón for a briefing and equipment check.
– 07:00 AM: meeting up and transportation to the base of the volcano.
– 07:30 AM: arrival at the base of the Villarrica volcano (1400 m) We will enter a lengas forest, then pass near the ski center.
– 1:00 PM: summit !!!
– 3: 00 PM: we will return to the vehicle and go back to Pucón to enjoy a delicious celebration meal.
Have any doubts? Talk directly with an Explore Share assistant.
The Concierge service is a great tool for when you still haven't decided what kind of Adventure you're looking for and you're open to suggestions
Group of 1
|USD 184 each|
Want a different number of travellers?
• Guiding fee
• Transport during the trip
• The price does not include: meals, transportation out of the itinerary Pucón - Villarrica Volcano Base - Pucón. Additional equipment such as skis, skins or walking sticks, clothing or satellite communication.
I was really disappointed with Casa de Guias. It was not a terrible experience because Casa de Guias had found a wonderful guide and assistant although they did not know them (allmountain guide). As to Explore -Share I don´t intent to buy anything. I will write a full description of what happened by e-mail.