Tour Dates: July 13rd – July 16th , 2017
Shiretoko National Park is another Japanese wonder which offers a fantastic hiking experience in a very natural and untouched environment of Hokkaido.
The park is located on a peninsula at the northeastern side of the island.
This is why I particularly enjoy this hike:
- The stunning views of the mountains but also of the Okhotsk Sea on one side and the Kunashiri island on the other side of the trail. Sunrise and sunset there are just incredible!
- The fauna (like bears and foxes) and flora we can encounter;
- Its wild atmosphere. We feel like at the end of the earth in the park!
We will trek for 4 days and stay overnight in a tent. You can find the complete program below.
I will organize groups up to 8 people. In case we are more than 5, an assistant will join us to help us carrying the tent and the food.
The best period to visit this place is from end of June till end of August.
This is the fixed group tour that will be take place July 13-16, 2017. As it is not a private tour, the participants will join other members of the tour. It is a great opportunity to meet new people who share the same interest and passion in nature as you. It will also be great to make local Japanese friends!
Please feel free to contact me to find out if there is space available.
I also organize other trips during this season, like this hiking tour in Daisetsuzan. Or, if you would prefer a private tour, then please refer to my other tour.
Required Technical Level:
Required Fitness Level:
Need to have good strength for 8-9 hours hike-up in a day.
Total walking hours will be Day2: 7 hours, Day3: 8-9 hours, Day4: 6-7 hours. It is a moderate trekking course, but the traverse route from Rausudake to Ioudake has a lot of ups and downs. No advanced technical skills are needed, but the participants need to have good fitness enough to walk whole day carrying their bags (approximately 7kg-10kg).
Guide Ratio is 1:4.
The tour is available for up to 8 people.
*If the participants are over 5, I will ask support guide to join us.
In Hokkaido, the temperature might be under 10℃ even at lower mountains. When the weather condition is bad, it could be as low as -10℃ even in the summer time. Usually, in the early summer, the temperature is around 20℃～23℃ in July. Morning and evening is getting cooler at the camp site. Please bring your warm clothes.
Excluded from Price:
- Rausu Kinoshita Mountain Hut accommodation fee
- Lunch and Snack
- Meals after descending the mountain
- Onsen (hot spring) fee
- If you have items that you do not want to carry during hike, you can leave them in my car. My car will be transferred from the trailhead to Shimo-Yamaguchi.
- I will provide you light meals for your breakfast and supper. And, you will have drinking water every day.
- The participants will share the tent for 4-people.
- If you are flying to Memanbetsu Airport, please book your flight arriving at the airport before 7:00 p.m., and departure from same airport after 4:00 p.m.
Price per person
|Group of 2||82000JPY|
|Group of 3||82000JPY|
|Group of 4||82000JPY|
|Group of 5||82000JPY|
|Group of 6||82000JPY|
|Group of 7||82000JPY|
|Group of 8||82000JPY|
- Guiding fee
- Half-board meals during trip
- Mountain guide's expenses
It is also possible for you to borrow some of the bigger equipment from me, so let me know if you need any!
– Sleeping bag at JPY 1,000 per day
There is also an online gear rental shop called Yamarent, where you can hire trekking shoes and clothes in addition to gears. Once you reserve your items, they will deliver the items to your accommodation in Japan or you can collect and fit the gears at their shops located near Shinjuku station or Kawaguchiko station.
You’ll be eligible for a discount of 10% with the Explore&Share promotion code, ES3776, if you rent more than JPY 5,000.
- In case of bad weather / conditions (including road conditions), the trip itinerary may be altered and/or date change can be discussed.