Come and find the breathtaking view of the sunset, the stars, and the sunrise that you will never be able to find at the base of mountains
There is a moment that change your whole attitude towards life. And maybe, that moment is the Overnight Climbing Trip on Rishiri Mountain.
A mountain that is 360 degrees surrounded by ocean, like Mt Rishiri, is rare in the world, and that is why you can enjoy the special and spectacular scenery that is hard to find wherever in the world.
The sunset, stadium of stars and early-morning sunlight… you will have glorious views of the nature during the tour on Rishiri Mountain. I would like you to experience this special moment with us. This is the best tour to have a lot of fun whilst climbing.
Day 1: Total hours of walking: 4.5 hours (ascent)
After gear check, we will start at around 10:00 am. If you come by Heart Land Ferry, which leaves Wakkanai at 7:15 and arrives at Oshidomari (Rishiri) at 8:55, then you can also join this tour. After walking about 4.5 hours, we will arrive at the bivouac hut. Enjoy looking at the setting sun and dinner. After dinner, star-filled night sky will welcome you!
Day 2: Total hours of walking: 6 hours (2-hour ascent, 4-hour descent)
Our day starts at around 2 hours before the sun rise. With a small backpack with basic gears and a head torch, we will start walking. It will be about 30 minutes before the sun rise when we should arrive at the summit of Mt Rishiri. There, we suck in the early-morning rays of sunshine and prepare for the descent. After returning at the bivouac hut, we will have a breakfast and start the remainder of the descent. It maybe around 1:00 – 2:00 pm when we return to the starting point of the hike. I will then drive you back to your hotels. (restricted to the Oshidomari area)
* It is not allowed to stay overnight at the bivouac hut on Rishiri Mountain except in case of emergencies. Therefore, this programme is not offered in June-July during the peak climbing periods. We will only be using the hut to take a light nap.
1 person – JPY 72,000 per person
2 people – JPY 48,000 per person
3 people – JPY 40,800 per person
4 people – JPY 36,000 per person
5-8 people – JPY 27,600 per person
Included in Price:-
Guide Fee for 2 days, Meals (2 breakfast and dinner)
Coming to Rishiri can be done either by flight (45 min) from Sapporo either by ferry (1.40) leaving from Wakkanai.
|– Large Backpack (over 40L)
– Usual hiking / mountaineering clothing
– Sleeping bag
– Sleeping mat
– Portable toilet (3 sets)
– Toilet paper
– Head torch (with spare batteries)
– Warm clothes (beanies, gloves, etc..)
– Change of clothes
– Toiletries, towel
– Alcoholic beverages
– 4L of Water (2L for drinking, 2L for cooking meals)
– Others: Rain wear (top & bottom), personal medical kits, trash bag, snacks, emergency food, etc.)
* In some cases we may ask you to carry foodstuffs. We appreciate your help.
- This tour is available for a limited time only from August to October. In these months, night is long and the air is clear. it will be comfortable to spend the night on the mountain
- Joining this trip in Aug-Sept is great, but seeing the first snowcap on Mt Rishiri in October is also very special.
- It is recommended to schedule an extra / contingency day in case of bad weather. We will then be able to pick the best day for camping and for summiting.
- Check out my hiking trip that lets you see both Rishiri and Rebun islands, and even the sea kayaking trip on Rebun island, if you’re very into the outdoors and like enjoying the nature!
- For your safety and comfort, please follow the instruction given by the guide during the tour.
- For hazard avoidance, this program could be cancelled, postponed or changed in case of bad weather.
Please see Cancellation Fee as below in case of last minute cancellations:
- For cancellation on the day before the trip – 50% of Trip Price
- For cancellation on the day of the trip – 100% of Trip Price
Price per person
|Group of 2||48000JPY|
|Group of 3||40800JPY|
|Group of 4||36000JPY|
|Group of 5||27600JPY|
|Group of 6||27600JPY|
|Group of 7||27600JPY|
|Group of 8||27600JPY|
- Guiding fee
- All meals during trip