Daisetsuzan, also called Taisetsuzan, is the largest national park in Japan. It is located in the center of Hokkaido in a mountain range. In fact, it includes Asahidake, the highest peak (2,290 m) of the island.
This park is just a beauty. It’s full of flowers between the end of June and the end of July. Besides, we enjoy the superb mountains. And we get to see wild animals (bears, foxes…) and preserved flora.
I love this place very much even though the mountains are not very high (I’m a mountain guide). But the environment surrounding us is so wild and preserved that it makes your time there very special and unforgettable. You feel the living nature so much after staying for more than one day in these places!
The trail is not difficult and not very steep. It is suitable for all levels. The average walking time per day is 7 hours, including time to eat, to stop to admire the landscapes…
The program I’m organizing there lasts for 4 days. We will be camping every night in a tent. This makes the experience much more better. The mountain huts are very often full.
Please note that I can only take you on this hike during the months of July and August. Snow makes June and September unsuitable for this hike.
I will be very happy to guide you there and share with you my knowledge about the Daisetsuzan National Park.
If you are thinking of visiting Hokkaido in the winter, I can also take you off piste and ski touring!
Required Technical Level:
Required Fitness Level:
Need to have good strength for 8-9 hours hike-up in a day.
Total walking hours will be Day1: 4-5 hours, Day2: 8-9 hours, Day3: 8-9 hours, Day4: 5 hours. It is rather moderate trekking course. Not advance technical skill needed, but the participants need to have good fitness enough to walk whole day with carrying their bags (approximately 7kg-10kg).
Guide Ratio is 1:4.
The tour is available for up to 8 people.
*If the participants are over 5, I will ask support guide to join us.
In Hokkaido, the temperature might be under 10℃ even at lower mountains. When the weather condition is bad, it down to -10℃ even in the summer time. Usually, in the early summer, the temperature is around 20℃～23℃ in July. Morning and evening is getting cooler at the camp site. Please bring your warm clothes.
Excluded from Price:
- Rope-way gondola fee at Asahidake (one-way JPY1,400)
- Lunch and Snack
- Meals after descending the mountain
- Onsen (hot spring) fee
- If you have items that you do not want to carry during hike, you can leave them at the guide’s car. The guide’s car will transfer from the trailhead to Shimo-Yamaguchi.
- The guide will provide you light meals for your breakfast and supper. And, you will have drinking water every day.
- The participants will share the tent for 4-people.
- Please book your flight arriving at Asahikawa Airport before 9:00 a.m., and departure from Shin-Chitose Airport after 7:00 p.m.
Price per person
|Group of 2||115000JPY|
|Group of 3||82000JPY|
|Group of 4||75000JPY|
- Guiding fee
- Half-board meals during trip
- Mountain guide's expenses
At Shin-chitose Airport (Sapporo)
I will provide the tents.
- In case of bad weather / conditions (including road conditions), the trip itinerary may be altered and/or date change can be discussed.