Jun, Jul, Aug
We will leave Huaraz via a private transfer to the village of Paltay and then to Pashpa. Here we’ll meet our local team of donkeys and donkey drivers. We will start an easy climb through the Ishinca Valley to our campsite (-/L/D).
This day we will ascend to the Ishinca Base Camp in direction to the Northeast ridge or the Northeast slopes of the Ranrapalca Col (5300 m), which lies between the Ranrapalca and Ishinca mountains. We will continue hiking uphill through easy ramps and avoiding cracks. We will finally reach the Col where we will set up our camp. The elevation gain of the day will be 500 meters and a total ascent duration is 7 hours approx. Overnight camp (B/L/D).
Summit day! We’ll wake up at 3 AM and start to ascend to the Ranrapalca. We’ll take the Northeast route overcoming cracks and climbing a sharped ridge which ends in the next glacier. After that we will continue ascending until we arrive to the summit of Ranrapalca, where we’ll have a beautiful view of the Cordillera Blanca (Cayesh, San Juan, Maparaju, Tullparaju, Pucaranra, Huapi, Huantsan, Ishinca, Tocllaraju and Urus peaks). Finally, we will return to Col Ranrapalca. The elevation gain will be 862 meters with a total ascent time of 10 or 12 hours. Overnight camp at High camp I (B/L/D).
After breakfast we will pick up our tents and start returning to the Ishinca base camp. Then, we must walk to Pashpa while the donkeys carry our camping and personal equipment. We’ll return via a hillside covered with quenual trees, native Andean flora. Once in Pashpa our transport will be waiting. We’ll arrive Huaraz by midday so we can have lunch there. Then, you’ll be transferred to your hotel in the city (B/L/-).
Not included in the price:
- International flights to Lima / Peru round trip
- Transfer from the airport for bookings of individual flights with different times of arrival / departure
- Exit tax at the airport in Lima
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Meals in restaurants in Lima and Huaraz
- Personal expenses
- Acclimatization Tour
- Entrance fees to the Huascaran National Park
- Transfer from the Hotel to the airport and bus station
- Domestic flight Airline ticket LC-Peru
- Hotel Casa Andina 2 nights in Lima
- Hotel San Sebastián 4 nights in Huaraz
- Pick up at the airport in Lima to the Hotel
- Personal equipment (such as boots, ice ax, crampons, harness, sleeping bag, mat, Goretex, etc.)
IFMGA/UIAGM mountain guide from Peru.
He was born in 1960 in Huaraz / Peru. With his 15th Age he learned the world of trekking and mountaineering know by he accompanied his father on trips with his clients.
To this day he is still working as a mountain guide and tour operator. For many years he was able to acquire a lot of knowledge about the mountains, making it one of the most experienced certified mountain guides.
He runs a family travel agency based in Huaraz, which was founded by his father, and is now managed by Juventino and his son, Eric.
NEWNeed help deciding?
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!