Mera Peak is a mountain in the Manalangur section, Barun sub-section of the Himalaya and administratively in Nepal Sagarmatha Zone of Solukhumbu District. It is located at the east of the main Khumbu trekking trail of the Everest Region. Mera Peak is 6476 meters high.
It is classified as a Nepal’s trekking Peak it contains three main summits:
– Mera North, 6,476 metres (21,247 ft);
– Mera Central, 6,461 metres (21,198 ft);
– Mera South, 6,065 metres (19,898 ft).
The view from the summit is one of the finest in the Himalaya with five 8,000m peaks visible: Mt.Everest, Mt.Lhotse, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Makalu & Mt. Kanchanganga, Mt.Chamlang Mt. Baruntse as well as other beautiful Himalayan ranges.
For this trip we climb Mera Central 6,461 metres (21,198 ft).The first ascent of Mera Central was on May 20, 1953 by Col. Jimmy Roberts & Sen Tenzing.
Safety is first priority.
The standard route from the north involves only high altitude glacier walking. At the end we will be climbing a few meters just below summit.
Our cook and kitchen staff will prepare all fresh and hygienic food during the expedition. I will give instructions at Mera peak base camp ensuring all of us have the necessary climbing skills and confidence to summit the top successfully.
Please find below the itinerary and the program of the fantastic ascent !
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m) & transfer to hotel
Day 02 : Permit preparation/shopping day in Kathmandu.
Day 03 : Fly to Lukla & trek to chu tanga (3,430 m/11,250 ft), overnight at camp
Day 04 : Trek to chatra la pass (4600 m/14720 ft.) overnight at Chatrala camp (4320m/13200ft) tented camp
Day 05 : Trek to kothe (3600 m, /11808ft), overnight at camp
Day 06 : Trek to Thaknak (4,350m/14,270ft), overnight at camp
Day 07: Trek to Khare(5300m/17,384ft), overnight at camp
Day 08: Rest day at khare, overnight at camp
Day 09: Trek to Mera high camp (5775m), overnight at camp
Day 10: Every morning summit Mera peak (6454m) back to Khare, overnight at camp
Day 11 : Trek to Kothe, overnight at camp
Day 12 : Trek to chatra la, overnight at camp
Day 13 : Trek to Lukla (2730m/8954ft), overnight at camp
Day 14 : Fly to Kathmandu ,overnight at hotel
Day 15 : Leisure day in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Day 16 : Departure to international airport
If you are interested by this awesome adventure, please get in touch with me and let’s discuss about the program and the logistics details. It will be my pleasure to guide on one of the most beautiful peak of the Himalaya.
Not included in the price
– Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu during stay at hotel.
– Medical and emergency evacuation cost.
– Telephone, internet, laundry, alcoholic beverages.
– All necessary personal climbing equipment
– Nepal Visa fee
– Summit bonus and tips for Sherpa and staff.
Included in the price
– Full board camping service from Lukla to Lukla
– Climbing guide, climbing Sherpa and camping staff.
– Experienced cook and kitchen staff.
– All staff and porters’s insurance.
– Mera peak permits.
– National park fee, Tims card.
– Domestic flight. KTM/ LUKLA /KTM
– All ground transportation.
– Cook and necessary kitchen staffs.
– Satellite phone for emergency use.
– Emergency medical Oxygen cylinder with mask and regulator.
– 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu Royal Singi and Manaslu With B/B
– Welcome and farewell dinner.
– Domestic Cargo clearance services.
– Guide, Sherpa, cook staff and porter medical and accidental insurance
– Group technical equipment (fix rope, snow bar, and shovel. Ice screw, dynamic rope, assistant rope)
– Garbage deposit fees.
– 3 meals a day, in trekking and base camp for member and staff. Camping equipment dining tent, kitchen, toilet, foam mattress, store tents, table and chairs and cooking utensils.
– Guide, staff and porter salary
– High camp services: cooking Gus cooking pot, high altitude tent high food.
Please get in touch with me to discuss the budget, it will vary based on some criteria we will need to discuss together.