Follow NNMGA certified mountain guide Jyamchang or one of the certified guides of his team on this 16-day adventure and reach the summit of the Mera Peak in Nepal!
Apr, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep
Mera Peak is a mountain in the Manalangur section, Barun sub-section of the Himalaya and administratively in Nepal Sagarmatha Zone of Solukhumbu District. It is located at the east of the main Khumbu trekking trail of the Everest Region. Mera Peak is 6476 meters high.
It is classified as a Nepal’s trekking Peak it contains three main summits:
– Mera North, 6,476 metres (21,247 ft);
– Mera Central, 6,461 metres (21,198 ft);
– Mera South, 6,065 metres (19,898 ft).
The view from the summit is one of the finest in the Himalaya with five 8,000m peaks visible: Mt.Everest, Mt.Lhotse, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Makalu & Mt. Kanchanganga, Mt.Chamlang Mt. Baruntse as well as other beautiful Himalayan ranges.
For this trip we climb Mera Central 6,461 metres (21,198 ft).The first ascent of Mera Central was on May 20, 1953 by Col. Jimmy Roberts & Sen Tenzing.
Safety is first priority.
The standard route from the north involves only high altitude glacier walking. At the end, we will be climbing a few meters just below the summit.
Our cook and kitchen staff will prepare all fresh and hygienic food during the expedition. I will give instructions at Mera peak base camp ensuring all of us have the necessary climbing skills and confidence to summit the top successfully.
Please find below the itinerary and the program of the fantastic ascent!
If you are interested in this awesome adventure, please get in touch with me and let’s discuss about the program and the logistics details. It will be my pleasure to guide on one of the most beautiful peaks of the Himalaya.
- Guiding fee
- Accommodation included
- Flight to the start
- Transport during the trip
- Permit and entrance fees
- Group porters
Included: full board camping service from Lukla to Lukla, climbing guide, climbing Sherpa and camping staff, experienced cook and kitchen staff, all staff and porters’s insurance, Mera peak permits, National park fee, Tims card, Domestic flight. KTM/ LUKLA /KTM, All ground transportation, cook and necessary kitchen staffs, satellite phone for emergency use, emergency medical Oxygen cylinder with mask and regulator, 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu Royal Singi and Manaslu With B/B, welcome and farewell dinner, Domestic Cargo clearance services, group technical equipment (fix rope, snow bar, and shovel. Ice screw, dynamic rope, assistant rope), garbage deposit fees, 3 meals a day, in trekking and base camp for member and staff. Camping equipment dining tent, kitchen, toilet, foam mattress, store tents, table and chairs and cooking utensils.
Not included: Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu during stay at hotel, medical and emergency evacuation cost, telephone, internet, laundry, alcoholic beverages, all necessary personal climbing equipment, Nepal Visa fee, summit bonus and tips for Sherpa and staff.
Hi! I'm Jyamchang, IFMGA/NNMGA certified mountain guide. I work together with a team of certified and professional mountain and trekking guides. If I'm not available to guide you, one of my colleagues will take great care of you.
I come from the East part of Nepal, between Makalu (8,470m) and Kangchenjunga (8,586m). I am IFMGA/UIAGM fully certified since 2009.
I have 20+ experience of climbing in the Himalaya. I’ve climbed Mt Everest (7 times), Mt Cho Oyu in Tibet (2 times), Mt Ama Dablam (8 times), Baruntse (2 times), Island peak (15 times), Lobuche (10 times), Pokhalde (10 times), Mera peak (10 times), Mehera peak (5 times), Chulu far east (3 times), Mt Shishapangma until camp 3, Manaslu until 7200m, and Chulu West, Lhakpa ri and other another few more times.
I also have extensive experience of climbing in Europe: France, Italy, UK and Norway (where I work for three months during the summer as a glacier guide).
I'm also a technical mountain rescue coordinator for the 8000's.
It will be my pleasure to guide you through your journey whether for trekking, peak climbing or any mountaineering expedition. Get in touch and let's discuss about the purpose of your trip.
Nepali | English
NNMGA | IFMGA
1. First of all, the trip is ill-advertised, referring to Jyamchang as the accompanying guide but in reality he is not the same guide who accompanied me. 2. I asked a number of questions on the explore-share platform, most of which remained unanswered until the day I met the actual guide in Kathmandu. 3. Most worrying, is the fact that I clearly asked if 14 days were enough to summit Mera (for which I have been told they are indeed enough). However, the first thing I was told upon arriving in Kathmandu was that I have little mountain time and that I should postpone my return flights. I was also later informed, that most people who successfully summit Mera usually take a day or two more acclimatisation days in Khare. 4. The agreed plan was to return from Lukla directly to Kathmandu. One day prior returning, I was informed that due to the high season, flights are redirected to another airport and an extra 6 hour drive is required to reach Kathmandu. Otherwise, to fly directly to Kathmandu one needs to catch a helicopter flight and add another 50USD. After researching, I found out that this is true and happens in the beginning of October, however the company failed to inform me and plan in advance. 5. Hotel in Kathmandu was basic but nice, however air conditioning and TV did not work and on my last day I even had ants on my bed, fridge and sink. 6. The guide and porter to whom I was allocated, Pekma and Ganesh, were really nice and helpful people. Pekma (guide) was knowledgeable about the surrounding environment, Nepalese lifestyle, had significant mountain experience and was very supportive throughout the trip. Pekma managed all lodges and tea houses which were adequate. Food in the mountains was good and Pekma always assisted what foods are best to eat according to the location and availability. I did not experience any gastrointestinal issues. In conclusion, I would not recommend this trip if you aim for a successful summit.
I would like to add that the outfit high Himalayan was very professional in handling logistics and also integrating its porters and guide into the trip and making it a group experience.There team went out off there way to make sure everyone made it to there destination in the evening and was save. Great job and will be looking forward to do another trip with them.
Himalayas 5 peaks technical climbing course + Ama Dablam ascent
Mera Peak 20-day guided ascent
5-day short Mardi Himal Trek from Pokhara, Nepal
Panchase Trek in the Annapurna Region (12 days)
Lobuche Peak Climb
Yala Peak, Langtang, 2 Week Guided Trek
Combined EBC Trek and Lobuche Ascent
Ama Dablam 28-day guided expedition
Manaslu Guided Climbing Expedition
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures.