Join one of the IFMGA-certified guides in the Peakshunter team on this 2-day trip up to Mont Blanc summit. A program suitable for experienced mountaineers.
Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep
The normal Italian ascent itinerary is also known as La route des Aiguilles Grises. I strongly think it is one of the most challenging ways to get to Mont Blanc, the main star in Europe.
I have planned this program only for people with some mountaineering background, such as using a rope, ice axe, and walk in crampons. In addition, you will need to be very fit. Take into account that climbing Mont Blanc from the Italian side is the hardest ascent option and you need to be properly acclimatized. Along the way, we must face an altitude change of 1800 meters as well as sharp ridges and glacier terrains.
The normal Italian route also leads us across uncrowded trails because it is a seldom-attempted itinerary. The southern side of Mont Blanc is the wildest and most demanding route to reach the top of the mountain. However, the reward is not comparable to anything on earth.
The best months to enjoy this expedition is from June to September. In fact, this route has usually been accessible only in the first part of the summer when there is still enough snow coverage in the lower sections. I will take only 1 person with me in order to provide you a personalized and safe experience.
At the bottom of this description, you can find a sample itinerary of the trip. Please keep in mind that the program can suffer modifications according to the snow and weather conditions.
Please note that Mont Blanc is not suitable for beginners. Previous acclimatization is required.
So, if you want to join me in this 2-day adventure, do not hesitate and get in touch with me. Let’s conquer the Mont Blanc through the Italian side, its most demanding and incredible route!
- Guiding fee
- Accommodation included
- Mountain guide expenses
The price does not include the guide´s expenses (accommodation, meals, lift tickets, etc). 20 Euros/per person for ice axe, harness, crampons and helmet.
We’ll start at the bottom of the Veny Valley where we’ll walk on a paved road until Combal Lake. From there we’ll climb the steep moraine towards the Miage basin. We’ll walk for about 2:30 hours on the glacier’s moraine. During the final stretch, we must face snow and ice terrain. The last part of the ascent will take us to the Gonella Hut (3,050 m), where we’ll have dinner and sleep.
Drop: 1,400 m
Ascent time: 4-5 hours
We’ll leave the hut by 1 am in order to attack the glacier. The extremely wild landscape stretches until the plateau under the Col de Bionassay, which we’ll traverse towards the Col des Aiguille Grises. From there, we’ll ascend the sharp and spectacular ridge with narrow stretches giving way to the wide slopes that take us to the summit of the Piton des Italiens. Without further difficulties we’ll reach the peak of the Dôme du Goûter, where our route joins the French Goûter route. From here we’ll pass by the Vallot Hut (4,362 m) and finally, along the amazing Arête des Bosses, we’ll reach the summit of Mont Blanc.
We’ll return down by the same route although it is often convenient to head to Goûter Hut and then to Les Houches, where you can catch the shuttle back to Courmayeur.
Drop: 1,800 m
Ascent/descent time: 12-15 hours
Courmayeur (Veny Valley)
Giving and receiving smiles, seeing the satisfaction on the faces of our customers, seeking opportunities for growth, stimulating authenticity in personal and group relationships, in sharing mountaineering disciplines, fears, efforts, and moments of difficulty, which are part of the integrated with experiences, essential ingredients of every summit climb: these are our focus, our beliefs, and our most important results, as outdoor Professionals and as people who love the mountains and their work as Alpine Guides!
Founded in 2013 by Elis and Silvia, PEAKSHUNTER Mountain Guides is a team of IFMGA-certified Mountain Professionals and outdoor activities experts, based in the town of Aosta, not far from Courmayeur-Chamonix, on the Italian side of the Mont Blanc massif.
We live and work in the beautiful Aosta Valley region, very close to French and Swiss borders near to Geneva, Milan, and Turin international airports.
Mont Blanc, Matterhorn, Dufourspitze, Pyramide Vincent and Regina Margherita Hut, Gran Paradiso, Breithorn, Lyskamm, Castor and Pollux are only a few of several 4000 Alps summits you can climb with us: most of our team of Guides were born and grew up close to these mountains and they have explored the ascent routes several times during different seasons, with skis or crampons!
- We love our work: we plan all our trips with great commitment and deep respect for the Alpine environment, for its inhabitants, and its territories. Including local traditions in different valleys and Alpine areas.
- We love Mountain, Nature, and Outdoor activities, that we like to share with people from all around the world. We are enthusiastic to meet like-minded adventurers and share new experiences and memorable emotions with the support of our Mountain Guides.
- Safety and Risk Management are essential for us, as elements of fundamental importance during every single trip we plan and carry out with our customers: for this reason, we offer introductory courses to the different alpine disciplines (Mountaineering, Rock climbing, Ice climbing, Ski mountaineering, Freeride, Rescue Crevasse, and Avalanche) to convey awareness and responsibility to our customers.
- We offer solid Experience, with several years organizing outdoor disciplines around mountain and wild areas, in many different countries of Italy and Europe, for individuals or groups, including 7-day customer support for booking, logistics, and personal assistance for planning and reservations.
- As certified Mountain Guides, we offer training courses, to improve technical skills and to learn basic knowledge about mountaineering in the Alps, which is essential to explore and climb the Mountains safely in any situation or conditions.
- We are happy to provide customized programs for every customer's demand: our Experience is synonymous with Professionalism and Customer Care to guarantee unforgettable emotions and beautiful smiles!
Fulfill your dreams, discover breathtaking views or simply enjoy an extraordinary day: you just need to use your imagination and we will carry out your trip as you desire to live it!
Let’s plan your next mountain project together!
Italian | French | English
Aosta Valley, Italy
The traveller did not leave a comment.
Fantastic experience from start to finish. Gigio was a great guide, with plenty of knowledge and expertise, also very patient. I would highly recommend for future adventures. Thank you
Our guide Luigi was super nice. Easy to communicate with, and very easy to work with. I felt safe and comfortable the whole time.
Mont Blanc All-In 2-day ascent via the Gouter Route
1-Week Mont Blanc Summit with Training and Acclimatisation
All-In Mont Blanc and Gran Paradiso Climb
Mont Blanc 5-day ascent with previous training
Climbing Mont Blanc in 5 days
6-day Mont Blanc ascent with acclimatization
Aiguille d’Entrèves guided climbing traverse-All Inclusive
Arête des Cosmiques / Cosmiques ridge
Mont Blanc summit with snow and ice skills (6 days)
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures.