Paldor is another popular peak that lies at the south-east end of Ganesh Himal range connecting the Tiru and Karpu high ridges.
This peak gives a full satisfaction without much difficult climb. The main route across the glacier is crevassed. On reaching the col there are two options either climb the straightforward ridge using ropes, or continue around to the crevassed back for easier 45 degree inclined ridge.
In good weather conditions it is easy to climb the summit.
From the summit you will have excellent views of the Ganesh Himal peaks, Langtang Lirung (7,227 m) and Manaslu (8,156 m) as well as some mountains of Tibet that include Shishapangma (8,013 m).
The quickest route to Paldor and Ganesh Himal is to take a 6/8 hours drive from Kathmandu to Sabru Bensi in the Trisuli valley. From there we begin the trek crossing over the Langtang Khola to Sabrubesi. After crossing the Bhote Kosi river the route leads via Tamang villages of Tangjet and Gatlang, then heads northwards along the ridge before plummeting into the forest above Mailung Khola to connect the recently built road that leads to an army post. The moraine filled valley below Paldor is reached from here in another day walk.
I offer a full board package for Paldor Peak climbing which includes climbing permit from NMA and all other necessary logistics from arrival until departure from Kathmandu.
You’ll find below the program I usually propose. This one can be adapted based on your wishes and the time you have for this fantastic adventure with me and all my team.
Day 01: Arrival to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: Preparation day for permits and briefing of the trip
Day 03: Drive to Sybru Bensi (1503m/8 hrs)
Day 04: Trek to Gatlang (2340m/6hrs) via Goljung
Day 05: Trek to Yuri Kharka (3280m/5hrs)
Day 06: Trek to Somdang (3,260m/5hrs) via Khurpudanda pass (3,750m)
Day 07: Trek to Jasta Khani (3700m/6hrs.)
Day 08: Trek to Paldor Base Camp (4280m/6hrs)
Day 09: Rest / acclimatization day
Day 10: Trek to Paldor High Camp (5300m/5hrs)
Day 11: Summit Paldor Peak (5896m) & trek to Base Camp
Day 12: Trek to Somdang (4305m/7hrs)
Day 13: Trek to Narchet Kharka (3800m/7hrs)
Day 14: Trek to Sertung (3270m/7hrs)
Day 15: Trek to Jharlang (1600m/7hrs)
Day 16: Trek to Darkha (1557m/7hrs)
Day 17: Trek to Khahare Bazaar (720m/7hrs)
Day 18: Drive to Kathmandu (1350m/7hrs)
Day 19: Airport transfer for final departure
Please get in touch with if you want to experience something different in Nepal, out of the beaten tracks. I’ll guide you there with much pleasure and share with you my culture, the history of my country, my experience as a Nepali IFMGA certified mountain guide.
Excluded from the price
– Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
– Personal climbing gears
– Personal accident insurance and emergency evacuation by helicopter
– International airport departure tax
– Nepal custom duty for import of climbing gears arriving into Nepal
– Cargo custom clearance
– Bar bills & beverage
– Personal Satellite phone with e-mail & internet permit
– Extra expenses of personal nature
– Garbage Deposit (Sharing of the total person) and Deposit fee will be refunded after the climb
– Nepal visa fee
– Summit bonus and tips for Sherpa and Staff.
Included in the price
– Airport Pick up and drop from domestic and international Airport
– Full board camping service from Gatlang to Gatlang
– Climbing guide, climbing Sherpa and camping staff.
– Experienced cook and kitchen staff.
– All staff and porter’s insurance.
– Paldor peak permits.
– National park fee, Tims card.
– All ground transportation.
– Cook and necessary kitchen staffs.
– Satellite phone for emergency use.
– Emergency medical Oxygen cylinder with mask and regulator.
– 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu Royal Singi and Manaslu With B/B
– Domestic Cargo clearance services.
– Guide, Sherpa, cook staff and porter medical and accidental insurance
– Group technical equipment (fix rope, snow bar, and shovel. Ice screw, dynamic rope, assistant rope)
– Garbage deposit fees.
– 3 meals a day, in trekking and base camp for member and staff. Camping equipment dining tent, kitchen, toilet, foam mattress, store tents, table and chairs and cooking utensils.
– Guide, staffs, porters insurance and wages
– High camp services: cooking Gus cooking pot, high altitude tent high food.
– All necessary taxes including vat 13%
Please get in touch with for the price of this tour. It will vary based on some options you might want to take.