We will take a trip around the southern part of Iceland which offers, in my opinion, the biggest and largest hikes, and all of them in different universes.
We will discover these mountains driving a 4×4 vehicle which will allow us to explore the most remote corners outside of paved roads.
This is an indicative program -the itinerary could be adapted based on weather conditions to allow us to benefit from the best options:
– The south coast with its huge black sand beaches along the ice cap of the largest glacier in Europe;
– The greenery of Skaftafell massif, set of the highest glaciers of Iceland;
– The wild and hot isolated springs of Strutslaug and the Hólmsárlón lake.
– The remains of Eldgjá, the largest and most important eruptive fault of historical times;
– The mountains of multicolored rhyolites of Landmannalaugar,
Finally, for the last few days, we will choose between the tranquility of Veðivötn’s blue waters lost in the middle of fields of black ash or the high desert plateaus surrounding the hot source of Hveravellir.
The daily hikes last from 4 to 8 hours, requiring to carry only a small backpack with rain clothes, water and a picnic. The daily elevation gain will be of maximum 600 – 700 meters. We will often be off the beaten path. The main difficulty lies in the nature of the terrain we will traverse: vegetation, wetlands, rivers to ford, chaotic lavas…
Accommodation will be in tents, mainly campground, a night or two in wild territory are not excluded. Please note that weather conditions may force us to take some meals inside a tent in bent position (cross-legged).
The two nights in Reykjavik at the beginning and end of the trip will be spent in a guesthouse.
I invite you to contact me if you want more information about these beautiful hikes. I will send you the detailed description of the trip.
Price per person
|Group of 2||1630EUR|
|Group of 3||1630EUR|
|Group of 4||1530EUR|
|Group of 5||1530EUR|
|Group of 6||1530EUR|
|Group of 7||1530EUR|
- Guiding fee
- Transport during the trip
- Luggage transfer during the trip
Camping, guesthouse in Reykjavik
Price: 1530€ (1630€ if there are less than 4 participants)
Group size: 4 to 7 people