Mount Watzmann (2713 m) is located in the Bavarian Alps south of the village of Berchtesgaden. In fact, it is the second highest peak in Germany. It takes 2 hours driving from Munich to reach the starting point of the hike.
We love guiding there from July till September, taking our friends and clients to these fantastic places. We particularly enjoy this hike because:
– The views of Mount Watzmann are awesome, every day a bit different since we hike around it;
– It’s a very wild place where the nature is still preserved;
– You feel totally disconnected when you go there. There is no Wi-Fi!;
– It’s a good mix in terms of natural environment, during the first days in the woods and slowly reaching alpine flora;
– The atmosphere in the mountain huts is very welcoming and nice. In some of them, you feel like going back hundreds years ago. Some are really charming. In addition, we eat very well!
The starting point is in Wimbachbrücke, the gate to enter the Berchtesgaden National Park. During 7 days we will hike around Mount Watzmann, going first up and then down which allows us during the last days from below, to see the path we have taken a few days back.
We walk on average 5 hours a day and try to hike in the morning so that we can take it easy during the afternoon. Then we rest in the hut, go for a swim in one of the nearby lakes, do small hikes around the hut, take pictures, play cards in the refuge…
Please contact us if you plan to come here during the next summer. It will be our great pleasure to guide you here and show you our secret spots in the park. Contact us and let’s plan this beautiful hike together.
Price per person
|Group of 2||1106EUR|
|Group of 3||790EUR|
|Group of 4||790EUR|
|Group of 5||790EUR|
|Group of 6||790EUR|
|Group of 7||790EUR|
|Group of 8||790EUR|
- Guiding fee
- Luggage transfer during the trip
- Mountain guide's expenses
|Breakfasts and 6 of the dinners are included. Touristic fees at the refuges and 19% VAT are included.|