Makalu summit is the fifth highest mountain in the world with 8463 meters high. It’s located in the Himalayan area in the border between Nepal and China. Its name comes from the Sanskrit and means “Black mountain”.
It’s known for its impressive size and indeed, it has a pyramid structure which make it one of the most spectacular mountains. The terrain is varied with glaciers, snow, ice and rock.
This is a multi-pitch climbing with a high technically difficulty. So, participants must have an advanced knowledge about mountaineering skills as well as prior climb experience in high altitudes. Additionally, it’s necessary to have an excellent physical condition.
Before giving more details about Makalu ascent, let’s view the reasons why this a great climb experience that you can’t miss:
– It’s a great challenging opportunity for experienced mountaineers that want to achieve a 8000 meters peak;
– It offer a huge variety of terrains where climbers can put in practice all the mountaineering skills;
– Besides the technical part, this program allow participants to appreciate the beauty of the nature surrounding. In addition, we discover the Nepali culture during our interesting treks through the villages.
– As a IFMGA certified mountain guide, I offer all my mountain experience and knowledge to assured to you an excellent development of the climb program.
I propose a 60-day program, ideal for those mountaineers that want to achieve a great climb objective. Our expedition starts in the city of Kathmandu in Nepal. The next days we’ll trek through some traditional Nepali villages while we acclimatize ourselves. During the ascent, we’ll appreciate beautiful landscapes that the nature offers. On the top, amazing views of Mount Everest will be waiting for us.
So, don’t hesitate in getting in touch with me if you have any interest in this ascent. We’ll have the time to discuss your questions and define the details to offer you a program that meet your expectations. It will be a pleasure for me to guide you and help you to discover such a beautiful place!
Meeting at Kathmandu
Firstly, we arrive to Kathmandu City. Then, transfer to the hotel. We’ll rest in this city for the next 3 days. Time for discover the Kathmandu culture.
Fly to Tumlingtar and transfer to Khadbari
Transfer to the Kathmandu airport where we’ll take a flight to Tumlingtar. Afterwards we continue trekking to Khadbari.
Trekking days through Nepali villages
During these days we’ll trek to different villages: Mane Bhanjyang, Chichiara, Num, Sheduwa, Tashi Goan, Kauma, Dobato and Jark Kharka.
Trek to Hillary Base Camp
Trek to Makalu Base Camp
Trek to the higher Camp
Climbing Makalu period
From this day, we’ll start the ascent to Makalu summit. Traverse in a multi-pitch climbing. Once we arrive to the top, breathtaking views we’ll waiting for us.
We descent to Base Camp, and then passing through the small towns to Tumlingtar.
Fly to Kathmandu
Fly back to Kathmandu from Tumlingtar. The next day we’ll rest in Kathmandu city.
Departure to home
We take our flights back to home from the Kathmandu airport.
Price per person
- Guiding fee
- All meals during trip
- Transport to the start of the trip
- Permit and entrance fees
- 6 nights in a 3 star hotel at Kathmandu with Bed and Breakfast.
- Emergency Oxygen, Mask and regulator