Discover the Monte Rosa massif on this 5-day traverse led by one of the IFMGA-certified guides in the Peakshunter team. An unforgettable trip in an important range in Europe.
Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep
The Monte Rosa traverse is an unforgettable hut-to-hut journey among mountains over 4000 meters of height. Come with me and discover this amazing mountain range!
The program that I’d like to propose here will take 5 days. However, I can adapt it according to your preferences, your technical level, and the time you have in the region.
The program starts from the Ayas Valley. We’ll quietly begin the trek in order to acclimatize our bodies. We will then walk through beautiful glaciers in direction to the Capanna Regina Margherita. As you may know, it is the highest mountain hut in Europe at 4554 meters.
Please find more details of the day by day itinerary at the bottom of this page. The Monte Rosa traverse is an opportunity you cannot miss. It will be an unforgettable adventure in one of the most beautiful mountain ranges in Europe!
So I invite you to contact me if you find this trip interesting. Fill out the form and book your private program in Monte Rosa!
- Guiding fee
20 Euros/per person for ice axe, harness, crampons and helmet. Max. 4 people per group.
Departure from Saint-Jacques at 1697 meters in the Val d’Ayas from where the jeep or the lifts will take us to the Bettolina pass at 3058 meters. From there we will take an acclimatization hike around the Quintino Sella Hut at 3602 meters.
From Quintino Sella, we will take the passage of the Lyskamm’s Nose (4272 meters), our first ascent, to reach the Gniffeti Hut at 3455 m.
FromGnifetti Hut at the foot of the Garstelet glacier, we will climb up to the Gnifetti Peak (4554 meters), next to Regina Margherita Hut, the highest observatory in Europe.
From the Margherita Hut, we will down to Lys glacier and then we will climb up in sequence to Ludwigshöhe (4341 m), Balmenhorn (4167 meters), then to the summit of the Pyramide Vincent at 4213 meters. We will finish our tour descending to the Refuge Mantova (3455m).
From the Mantova Hut, we will cross the Indrend Glacier to join the Ferraro Hut where we will enjoy a good final lunch. After lunch, we will descend towards Saint-Jacques.
Giving and receiving smiles, seeing the satisfaction on the faces of our customers, seeking opportunities for growth, stimulating authenticity in personal and group relationships, in sharing mountaineering disciplines, fears, efforts, and moments of difficulty, which are part of the integrated with experiences, essential ingredients of every summit climb: these are our focus, our beliefs, and our most important results, as outdoor Professionals and as people who love the mountains and their work as Alpine Guides!
Founded in 2013 by Elis and Silvia, PEAKSHUNTER Mountain Guides is a team of IFMGA-certified Mountain Professionals and outdoor activities experts, based in the town of Aosta, not far from Courmayeur-Chamonix, on the Italian side of the Mont Blanc massif.
We live and work in the beautiful Aosta Valley region, very close to French and Swiss borders near to Geneva, Milan, and Turin international airports.
Mont Blanc, Matterhorn, Dufourspitze, Pyramide Vincent and Regina Margherita Hut, Gran Paradiso, Breithorn, Lyskamm, Castor and Pollux are only a few of several 4000 Alps summits you can climb with us: most of our team of Guides were born and grew up close to these mountains and they have explored the ascent routes several times during different seasons, with skis or crampons!
- We love our work: we plan all our trips with great commitment and deep respect for the Alpine environment, for its inhabitants, and its territories. Including local traditions in different valleys and Alpine areas.
- We love Mountain, Nature, and Outdoor activities, that we like to share with people from all around the world. We are enthusiastic to meet like-minded adventurers and share new experiences and memorable emotions with the support of our Mountain Guides.
- Safety and Risk Management are essential for us, as elements of fundamental importance during every single trip we plan and carry out with our customers: for this reason, we offer introductory courses to the different alpine disciplines (Mountaineering, Rock climbing, Ice climbing, Ski mountaineering, Freeride, Rescue Crevasse, and Avalanche) to convey awareness and responsibility to our customers.
- We offer solid Experience, with several years organizing outdoor disciplines around mountain and wild areas, in many different countries of Italy and Europe, for individuals or groups, including 7-day customer support for booking, logistics, and personal assistance for planning and reservations.
- As certified Mountain Guides, we offer training courses, to improve technical skills and to learn basic knowledge about mountaineering in the Alps, which is essential to explore and climb the Mountains safely in any situation or conditions.
- We are happy to provide customized programs for every customer's demand: our Experience is synonymous with Professionalism and Customer Care to guarantee unforgettable emotions and beautiful smiles!
Fulfill your dreams, discover breathtaking views or simply enjoy an extraordinary day: you just need to use your imagination and we will carry out your trip as you desire to live it!
Let’s plan your next mountain project together!
Italian | French | English
Aosta Valley, Italy
The traveller did not leave a comment.
Gran Paradiso Guided Ascent- All Inclusive
Matterhorn 2-day ascent
Gran Paradiso guided ascent
Classic All-In Mont Blanc Climb with Acclimatization
Breithorn ascent from Cervinia, Italy - All Inclusive
Open to everyone
Breithorn, Pennine Alps, Guided Ascent
All-In Mont Blanc and Gran Paradiso Climb
Gran Paradiso Course and Climb
Punta Gnifetti, Margherita Hut, All-Inclusive Guided Ascent
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures.