People per Guide
Jun, Jul, Aug
Type of Trip
The High Tatras, on the border between Slovakia and Poland, are a true rock climber’s paradise. There are hundreds of routes to choose from and rock quality is among the best in the world!
Come rock climbing in the High Tatras and discover these mountains for yourself!
These are some of the adventures you can choose from:
- Western Lomničák: monumental wall with fantastic routes opened by some of the most famous Tatra legends (Puškáš, Stanislawski and others). And, of course, the famous Hockey Stick. And in the restaurant on the top, cool Pilsen Beer or coffee. The gondola may also save us from a tedious start.
- Volia Tower: a very popular route and one of the first ascents to get a taste of the Tatras. In good weather and if you are physically fit, we can climb two routes in one day. Or we can combine it with the famous Zabi kon climb.
- Ošarpance: A quite hidden and inconspicuous peak in the Zlomiska. Its southern wall, however, provides great climbing in slabs. Fixed abseil stations will allow us to climb two routes in one day. And if the weather is good and your fitness level is up to par, we would also climb a little ridge to the top of the Great Ošarpance.
- Little Ice Peak: This beautiful peak in the Little Cold Valley is beautiful and not too demanding. From the ridge you can descend back to the touristic-marked path, but it is much nicer to continue and follow the ridge to the top. And if you have enough stamina, we can continue to the top of the Ice peak.
So join me and enjoy everything rock climbing in the High Tatras can offer you. I’m a local guide and will take you to all the best spots!
Price per person per day
- Guiding fee
- Group equipment
What happens if I need to cancel the trip?
If you decide to cancel, you’ll get a 100% refund (minus fees) if the cancellation is notified up to 60 days before the start of the tour, a 75% refund (minus fees) if you cancel between 59 and 30 days before the start of the tour, and a 50% refund if you cancel between 29 and 21 days before the start of the tour. If you cancel less than 21 days before the first day of the tour, you won’t receive a refund. Take into account, however, that if accommodation, flights or transfers were included in the trip you booked, then a different policy may apply as the guide will be bound by the provider’s cancellation policy.
What happens if the guide cancels the trip because of bad weather/unsuitable conditions?
If bad weather or unsuitable conditions force the guide to cancel the trip, he or she will: a) propose a similar activity at a different place where conditions are better, or b) propose to postpone the activity until a later date, or c) cancel. If you refuse option a), our cancellation policy will apply. Please note, however, that the call to cancel a trip due to bad weather can only be made by the guide (not the client).
What happens if the guide doesn’t show up or cancels for personal reasons?
If the guide cancels for reason of injury or other, you will get a 100% refund on your trip.
- I can lend you the climbing equipment if you don't have it.
Please bring with you:
- Crampons and ice-axe
- Quality clothing (aterproof jacket, thermal underwear, gloves, etc.)
- 25-30 liters backpack
- Hiking boots series B / C
- Sun screen
About the Guide
I've been skiing and climbing since my early childhood. I graduated in 2005 from the Univerzity of Hradec Kralove with a Master degree at the Faculty of Education. Since then I worked as a history and PE teacher. I was also running an Outdoor sport's club at that time, spending plenty of time climbing, skiing etc. with my students.
In 2009, I became a full time skiing and climbing instructor.
2009 – APUL C ski instructor
2010 – APUL B ski instructor
2011 – APUL telemark and snowboard
2012 – ISIA Mark (International ski instructors association)
– MSMT climbing instructor and Mountain leader
2013 – entered the UIAGM mountain guide education
2014 – passed the UIAGM Aspirant exam.
2015 - Succeeded the UIAGM / IFMGA final exam
Spending your holiday with you would be my pleasure. Whether in winter on a ski tour (in Czech Republic or Austria) or in summer among the spectacular sandstone towers.
It will be, with no doubt, a very pleasant experience for all of us. I'm an easygoing, friendly and reliable person with a good sense for responsibility.
Don't hesitate to get in touch with me !
What People Say about Jan Novotny
Join our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!