Discover one of the most beautiful places for climb lovers: Tupungato Volcano.
Tupungato Volcano is located in the Andes range, more precisely in the border between Argentina and Chile. Because of its altitude, 6570 meters, is one of highest peaks in South America.
I propose a 20-day program in which we’ll climb the incredible and technical Tupungato and also enjoy beautiful landscapes it offers. Climbers must have prior mountaineering experience and a good physical condition.
– Day 1: Meeting at Santiago de Chile. Night in a hotel.
– Day 2: We drive to Cajon del Maipo where we enter to Colorado valley, more precisely to Chacayar. From there we hike to Baños Azules where we spend the night.
– Day 3 – 12: The acclimatization process starts with a hiking to Base Camp. Afterwards, we move to Camp 1 and then, Camp 2 where we can enjoy amazing views of Cerro Polleras and Chimbote. Lastly, we climb to Camp 3. The high Camp is the last one before our great climbing.
– Day 13 – 15: Tupungato volcano climbing. The exactly day will depend on weather conditions.
– Day 16: Descend to Base Camp.
– Day 17 – 20: We descend to Colorado valley with mules carrying our gear in 2 days. Return to Santiago de Chile where we’ll celebrate. The next day, we take our flights back to home.
Feel free to contact me if you have any interest in this expedition. It will be my pleasure to guide you there!
Price per person
|Group of 2||4000USD|
|Group of 3||4000USD|
|Group of 4||4000USD|
|Group of 5||4000USD|
|Group of 6||4000USD|
|Group of 7||4000USD|
|Group of 8||4000USD|
- Guiding fee
- All meals during trip
- Transport during the trip
- Luggage transfer during the trip
- Group equipment
- Permit and entrance fees
Santiago de Chile