Join an IFMGA-certified guide with the Peaks Hunter team for this 5 day adventure which includes climbs of 3 beautiful peaks in Italy's Gran Paradiso National Park, including an ascent of Gran Paradiso, one of Italy's highest mountains.
Jun, Jul, Aug
Let’s summit the highest mountain in Italy! Join me for this 5-day intermediate level program in which we will explore several mountains inside Gran Paradiso National Park before our summit of Gran Paradiso (4061m), the highest mountain that’s located entirely within Italy.
Gran Paradiso National Park is located in the Northwest Italy in the Aosta Valley, close to the border with France. It is famed for its beautiful landscape, its many glaciers and grazing alpine ibex.
This program is technically simple, and no familiarity with climbing equipment is required. We will gradually acclimatize to the altitude by first summiting two 3,000m peaks before making our way up Gran Paradiso on the fifth and final day.
As we climb and trek, we will sleep at cozy mountain huts where we will rest comfortably and enjoy delicious Italian meals. All that’s required for this trip is a good fitness level and the desire to summit impressive peaks in one of Italy’s most beautiful national parks.
Contact me now to reserve your trip, and we will make the incredible climb up Italy’s highest mountain together!
- Accommodation included
- Guiding fee
- Transport during the trip
- Mountain guide expenses
- Ice axe
- Trekking poles
The rate includes
the assistance of a UIAGM/IFMGA certified Mountain Guide
the Mountain Guide’s expenses (transfers, meals and accommodation)
loan of shared safety material
loan of personal equipment (harness, ice axe, crampons and helmet)
overnight stay in a refuge with half board
booking assistance service (including assistance for refuges and lifts reservation)
transfer to return to Cogne
The rate does not include
research and rescue insurance with UVGAM coverage (recommended): €12 per person for 7 days
extra meals and beverages for client and Guides
anything that is not mentioned under "The rate includes"
We will hike to our first mountain hut, Refugio Vittorio Sella (2584m). This will give us a chance to begin to acclimatize to the altitude. Elevation gain: 935 m
We will make our way up Col de la Rousse and hike along the glacier Trayo before summiting our first peak – Punta Rossa (3630 m). After our summit, we will descend back to our base at Refugio Vittorio Sella for the night. Elevation gain/loss: +1035 m / -1035 m
We will make our way south then ascend a steep to the Gran Vallon glacier. We then traverse the glacier and finally follow a ridge that leads us to the top of Gran Serraz (3552 m). After our summit, we will descend back to our base at Refugio Vittorio Sella for the night. Elevation gain/loss: +970 m / -970 m
We will have a bit of a rest day after our back-to-back summits. We will sleep-in before descending from Refugio Vittorio Sello down to Valnontey. A car will then take us to Pont, a small commune in the Valsavarenche valley. We will then make the uphill trek to the mountain hut where we will spend the night: Rifugio Chabot (2750m) Elevation gain/loss: +950 m / -1065 m
We start the day’s climb by trekking along the North Wall of the moutain Becca di Moncorvé. From there, we climb towards our summit of Gran Paradiso (4061 m). The terrain is steep, but you are well prepared for the climb. After our incredible summit, we will descend the mountain by a different route along the Gran Paradiso glacier. We will stop at the Refugio Vittorio Emmanuele for a hearty farewell meal before making our final descent back to the valley. Elevation gain/loss: +1300 m, -2100 m
Giving and receiving smiles, seeing the satisfaction on the faces of our customers, seeking opportunities for growth, stimulating authenticity in personal and group relationships, in sharing mountaineering disciplines, fears, efforts, and moments of difficulty, which are part of the integrated with experiences, essential ingredients of every summit climb: these are our focus, our beliefs, and our most important results, as outdoor Professionals and as people who love the mountains and their work as Alpine Guides!
Founded in 2013 by Elis and Silvia, PEAKSHUNTER Mountain Guides is a team of IFMGA-certified Mountain Professionals and outdoor activities experts, based in the town of Aosta, not far from Courmayeur-Chamonix, on the Italian side of the Mont Blanc massif.
We live and work in the beautiful Aosta Valley region, very close to French and Swiss borders near to Geneva, Milan, and Turin international airports.
Mont Blanc, Matterhorn, Dufourspitze, Pyramide Vincent and Regina Margherita Hut, Gran Paradiso, Breithorn, Lyskamm, Castor and Pollux are only a few of several 4000 Alps summits you can climb with us: most of our team of Guides were born and grew up close to these mountains and they have explored the ascent routes several times during different seasons, with skis or crampons!
- We love our work: we plan all our trips with great commitment and deep respect for the Alpine environment, for its inhabitants, and its territories. Including local traditions in different valleys and Alpine areas.
- We love Mountain, Nature, and Outdoor activities, that we like to share with people from all around the world. We are enthusiastic to meet like-minded adventurers and share new experiences and memorable emotions with the support of our Mountain Guides.
- Safety and Risk Management are essential for us, as elements of fundamental importance during every single trip we plan and carry out with our customers: for this reason, we offer introductory courses to the different alpine disciplines (Mountaineering, Rock climbing, Ice climbing, Ski mountaineering, Freeride, Rescue Crevasse, and Avalanche) to convey awareness and responsibility to our customers.
- We offer solid Experience, with several years organizing outdoor disciplines around mountain and wild areas, in many different countries of Italy and Europe, for individuals or groups, including 7-day customer support for booking, logistics, and personal assistance for planning and reservations.
- As certified Mountain Guides, we offer training courses, to improve technical skills and to learn basic knowledge about mountaineering in the Alps, which is essential to explore and climb the Mountains safely in any situation or conditions.
- We are happy to provide customized programs for every customer's demand: our Experience is synonymous with Professionalism and Customer Care to guarantee unforgettable emotions and beautiful smiles!
Fulfill your dreams, discover breathtaking views or simply enjoy an extraordinary day: you just need to use your imagination and we will carry out your trip as you desire to live it!
Let’s plan your next mountain project together!
Great service and experience - would fully recommend Silvia and her team. Will definitely be booking new future adventures with them
Mont Blanc summit with acclimatization on Gran Paradiso (8 days)
3-day Matterhorn summit from Cervinia, Italy
7 days, 7 summits on Monte Rosa
6-day Mont Blanc “Normal Route” ascent with Gnifetti Hut acclimatization
Gran Paradiso, 2-day Ascent in the Aosta Valley
Mont Blanc du Tacul (4248m) via the “Devil’s Ridge”, 6 x 4,000m in 3 days
Mont Maudit (4465m) via the Kuffner Ridge, from Courmayeur (3 days)
Grand Jorasses, 5-day Traverse from Courmayeur with 8 x 4,000m summits
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures.