Jun, Jul, Aug
After breakfast we will prepare our mountaineering equipment in Huaraz. From there a transfer will take us to the Qubrada Llanganuco and then we’ll hike to the Chopicalqui Base Camp (4350 m). We’ll then continue the ascent to the Chopicalqui Moraine Camp (4900 m) where we’ll spend the first night (-/L/D).
Today, we will climb over the rocky moraine to the glacier. Then, over the different slopes of the glacier, we will cross some crevasses until we reach the High Camp (5-6 hours of hike) (B/L/D).
Climbing to the summit. There are many crevasses to cross and sections of technical walls to climb. On the final section we will have 8-10 meters of 75º -80º slopes. Descent to the High Camp or Moraine Camp and continue to the Base Camp. The round trip will take 10-13 hours (B/L/D).
We will leave early. We will walk down from the Moraine Camp or Base Camp to the highway, where we will find our private bus. Lodging at the hotel in Huaraz (B/L/-). End of the program.
|25/08/2019 to 28/08/2019|
8 spots available.
The price does not include:
- International flights to Lima / Peru round trip
- Transfer from the airport for bookings of individual flights with different times of arrival / departure
- Exit tax at the airport in Lima
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Meals in restaurants in Lima and Huaraz
- Personal expenses
- Acclimatization Tour
- Entrance fees to the Huascaran National Park
- Donkey driver and donkeys
- Transfer from the Hotel to the airport and bus station
- Domestic flight Airline ticket LC-Peru
- Hotel Casa Andina 2 nights in Lima
- Hotel San Sebastián 4 nights in Huaraz
- Pick up at the airport in Lima to the Hotel
- Personal equipment (such as boots, ice ax, crampons, harness, sleeping bag, mat, Goretex, etc.)
IFMGA/UIAGM mountain guide from Peru.
He was born in 1960 in Huaraz / Peru. With his 15th Age he learned the world of trekking and mountaineering know by he accompanied his father on trips with his clients.
To this day he is still working as a mountain guide and tour operator. For many years he was able to acquire a lot of knowledge about the mountains, making it one of the most experienced certified mountain guides.
He runs a family travel agency based in Huaraz, which was founded by his father, and is now managed by Juventino and his son, Eric.
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!