Jun, Jul, Aug
From Huaraz transfer drive to the village of Cashapampa via the Santa River Valley. Then, we’ll start the trekking in Santa Cruz, where we’ll meet our local team and the donkeys. Trek up to Llamacoral campsite (-/L/D).
From Llamacoral we will hike to Arhuaycocha (4300 m) with amazing views of the Alpamayo, Artesnoraju and Taulliraju peaks. We’ll spend the night at the Base Camp of Artesonraju (B/L/D).
Today we will need the help of our porters as we move to the Artesonraju Moraine Camp. They will carry your personal equipment because the steep nature of the moraine makes the climb more demanding. We will walk for 4-5 hours along the moraine crest until we are finally at the Artesonraju Moraine Camp (B/L/D).
Summit day! The route we are climbing today is the North Ridge via the northeast spur. We will climb steep slopes to the left of the ridge, avoiding the crevasses. The weather conditions at this altitude vary from one year to the other. The ascent takes approximately 8-9 hours. Once at the summit you will be rewarded with a magnificent view of the Cordillera Blanca and all its peaks. After a brief rest and some pictures, we will return to the Moraine Camp via rappel. The descent will take about 3-4 hours. If participants are tired, we can stay another night at the Moraine Camp. If everyone feels fine, we usually drop down to the Artesonraju Base Camp (B/L/D).
It is a reserve day. We can rest in the Taullipampa Base Camp (4250 m) or descent to the Taullipampa Moraine Base Camp (B/L/D).
Today we will wake up early to start our hike down through the Santa Cruz Valley in direction to Cashapampa (about 6 hours.) In Cashapampa our minibus awaits to take us back to Huaraz. Overnight stay in the hotel.
Not included in the price:
- International flights to Lima / Peru round trip
- Transfer from the airport for bookings of individual flights with different times of arrival / departure
- Exit tax at the airport in Lima
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Meals in restaurants in Lima and Huaraz
- Personal expenses
- Acclimatization Tour
- Entrance fees to the Huascaran National Park
- Transfer from the Hotel to the airport and bus station
- Domestic flight Airline ticket LC-Peru
- Hotel Casa Andina 2 nights in Lima
- Hotel San Sebastián 4 nights in Huaraz
- Pick up at the airport in Lima to the Hotel
- Personal equipment (such as boots, ice ax, crampons, harness, sleeping bag, mat, Goretex, etc.)
IFMGA/UIAGM mountain guide from Peru.
He was born in 1960 in Huaraz / Peru. With his 15th Age he learned the world of trekking and mountaineering know by he accompanied his father on trips with his clients.
To this day he is still working as a mountain guide and tour operator. For many years he was able to acquire a lot of knowledge about the mountains, making it one of the most experienced certified mountain guides.
He runs a family travel agency based in Huaraz, which was founded by his father, and is now managed by Juventino and his son, Eric.
NEWNeed help deciding?
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!