Discover Porta Nera, with Elis, an IFMGA certified guide. Explore on of the most beautiful and less crowded places in Cervinia, Italy
Jan - Apr
Credit Card, Wire Transfer and more!
Located in Cervinia, Porta Nera is an amazing splitboarding destination. It is located in the Monte Rosa massif, one of the prettiest massifs in Italy. Join this tour and explore Porta Nera on this thrilling adventure!
Porta Nera offers amazing descents and a beautiful backcountry scenery, but is less crowded than other popular spots in the Aosta Valley. For instance, it is very similar to the world renown Vallèe Blanche, just way less crowded.
We can reach Porta Nera from the resort of Cervinia, where we’ll begin our trip by checking our equipment. Then, we’ll head to our next destination on a cable car, making our way through the Verra glacier. This will be one of the most fun parts of the trip, since we’ll make a slight ascent. And once you reach the top, the breathtaking sceneries you’ll get, will make it worth it!
Thereupon, we’ll begin our descent through the slopes of Schwarzegletscher. These are some of the best spots in the region! Then, I will take you through thrilling seracs and some crevasses.
Later, we’ll head to the magnificent Gorner Glacier. Here, we’ll encounter a famous passage that crosses near a frozen stream, making it a magical spot. And, we’ll end our adventure with a gentle slope that will take us back to Furi.
This trip is designed for 1 day but depending on your schedule and your desires we can adapt the itinerary. If you are a beginner snowboarder and want to gain more experience, I’ll take you to the best and most gentle slopes. However, if you are seeking challenges as an expert, I have the perfect spots to challenge your abilities.
So, if you like this itinerary, send me a request. Also, remember that it is just a suggestion, and we can adapt it to your request. I would love the opportunity to show you around Porta Nera!
I also guide this Ice climbing guided tour in Aosta Valley.
- Guiding fee
- Personal insurance
Secure your spot with just 25% payment
48-hour free cancellation with 30-day advance booking
Giving and receiving smiles, seeing the satisfaction on the faces of our customers, seeking opportunities for growth, stimulating authenticity in personal and group relationships, in sharing mountaineering disciplines, fears, efforts, and moments of difficulty, which are part of the integrated with experiences, essential ingredients of every summit climb: these are our focus, our beliefs, and our most important results, as outdoor Professionals and as people who love the mountains and their work as Alpine Guides!
Founded in 2013 by Elis and Silvia, PEAKSHUNTER Mountain Guides is a team of IFMGA-certified Mountain Professionals and outdoor activities experts, based in the town of Aosta, not far from Courmayeur-Chamonix, on the Italian side of the Mont Blanc massif.
We live and work in the beautiful Aosta Valley region, very close to French and Swiss borders near to Geneva, Milan, and Turin international airports.
Mont Blanc, Matterhorn, Dufourspitze, Pyramide Vincent and Regina Margherita Hut, Gran Paradiso, Breithorn, Lyskamm, Castor and Pollux are only a few of several 4000 Alps summits you can climb with us: most of our team of Guides were born and grew up close to these mountains and they have explored the ascent routes several times during different seasons, with skis or crampons!
- We love our work: we plan all our trips with great commitment and deep respect for the Alpine environment, for its inhabitants, and its territories. Including local traditions in different valleys and Alpine areas.
- We love Mountain, Nature, and Outdoor activities, that we like to share with people from all around the world. We are enthusiastic to meet like-minded adventurers and share new experiences and memorable emotions with the support of our Mountain Guides.
- Safety and Risk Management are essential for us, as elements of fundamental importance during every single trip we plan and carry out with our customers: for this reason, we offer introductory courses to the different alpine disciplines (Mountaineering, Rock climbing, Ice climbing, Ski mountaineering, Freeride, Rescue Crevasse, and Avalanche) to convey awareness and responsibility to our customers.
- We offer solid Experience, with several years organizing outdoor disciplines around mountain and wild areas, in many different countries of Italy and Europe, for individuals or groups, including 7-day customer support for booking, logistics, and personal assistance for planning and reservations.
- As certified Mountain Guides, we offer training courses, to improve technical skills and to learn basic knowledge about mountaineering in the Alps, which is essential to explore and climb the Mountains safely in any situation or conditions.
- We are happy to provide customized programs for every customer's demand: our Experience is synonymous with Professionalism and Customer Care to guarantee unforgettable emotions and beautiful smiles!
Fulfill your dreams, discover breathtaking views or simply enjoy an extraordinary day: you just need to use your imagination and we will carry out your trip as you desire to live it!
Let’s plan your next mountain project together!
Hello Basically I am satisfied with the whole organization, because in the end everything worked as expected, whereby the guide had a big part in the success! Unfortunately, the information regarding equipment was unclear in advance and sometimes varied, which didn't make it any easier for a beginner like me. In general, the flow of information was rather slow, but towards the end it was sufficient and quick. In general, I would recommend that you revise the list of necessary equipment! Above all, it should be clear what the guest has to bring (with a distinction between "must" and "recommended"), what is provided by the organizer and what could be rented if necessary. Of course, this is not easy to accomplish, as the necessary equipment also depends on the conditions. Best wishes and continued success with the organization of ski trips! Martin
Great service. Above and beyond expectations. Abigail went the extra mile to make my trip happen, after hours and at very short notice. It would not have been possible without her. Highly recommended.
Silvia was fantastic in helping get everything set up, from recommending accommodations and buses to organizing the meet-up with my guide. Mateo was a great guide, found the perfect route for my experience and skill level. A truly amazing experience that I didn't think would be possible.
A very well organised trip by both parties, we will define use again for future trips 🙂
Had a blast with Elis from Peakshunter. We enjoyed the climbing quite a bit, and Elis was kind and helpful, and the views at Albard di Bard were amazing! We had never done multi pitch climbing before and he made it a really fun time for us.
Livigno-Lombardia freeride skiing day
Porta Nera ski touring trip in Cervinia
Ecrins and Piedmont Highlights Ski Touring Week
Chamonix Guided Splitboarding Tour
Ski touring and freeride in Chamonix
Valgrisenche tour: 6 days in Grand Paradiso NP
Heliskiing tour in the Aosta Valley (3 flights, 3 runs)
Vincent Pyramid, Pennine Alps, 2 Day Guided Ascent
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures.