Jun, Jul, Aug
Transfer from Huaraz to Cashapampa. The trek stars in Santa Cruz where we’ll meet the team and the donkey drivers. Walk to Llamacoral Camp (-/L/D).
Today we’ll hike to Arhuaycocha (4300 m) with great views of the Alpamayo, Artesonraju and Taulliraju peaks. Night at the Base Camp of Alpamayo (B/L/D).
After breakfast we’ll prepare the equipment for the day. We will then start the ascent with the help of the donkey drivers. The trail takes us across a steep moraine at the glacier to the Moraine Camp (B/L/D).
Today we’ll reach the Alpamayo High Camp, which is located on a steep glacier at the base of the Alpamayo and the Quitaraju peaks. Due to the constant shrinkage of the glacier, every year we find a different situation along this section. We will have dinner a bit early because we must wake up very early for the long day that awaits us tomorrow. Overnight at the high Camp (B/L/D).
Summit day! One possible route is the French route, a 60-70-degree ice wall. Above the wall, you will be very close to the highest point of the narrow ridge. At the summit, you will be rewarded with a magnificent view of the Cordillera Blanca! After a brief rest and some photos at the summit, we must return quickly to the High Camp via rappel by the same route we ascended. The ascent takes 6-7 hours, while the descent takes about 2-3 hours. If participants are tired, we can stay one more night in the High Camp. If everyone feels fine we will descend to the Quitaraju/Alpamayo Base Camp (B/L/D).
Today we will start the hike early, descending through the Santa Cruz valley to Cashapampa. In this village our minibus will be waiting to take us back to Huaraz. Lodging at the hotel (B/L/-).
Not included in the price:
- International flights to Lima / Peru round trip
- Transfer from the airport for bookings of individual flights with different times of arrival / departure
- Exit tax at the airport in Lima
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Meals in restaurants in Lima and Huaraz
- Personal expenses
- Acclimatization Tour
- Entrance fees to the Huascaran National Park
- Transfer from the Hotel to the airport and bus station
- Domestic flight Airline ticket LC-Peru
- Hotel Casa Andina 2 nights in Lima
- Hotel San Sebastián 4 nights in Huaraz
- Pick up at the airport in Lima to the Hotel
- Personal equipment (such as boots, ice ax, crampons, harness, sleeping bag, mat, Goretex, etc.)
IFMGA/UIAGM mountain guide from Peru.
He was born in 1960 in Huaraz / Peru. With his 15th Age he learned the world of trekking and mountaineering know by he accompanied his father on trips with his clients.
To this day he is still working as a mountain guide and tour operator. For many years he was able to acquire a lot of knowledge about the mountains, making it one of the most experienced certified mountain guides.
He runs a family travel agency based in Huaraz, which was founded by his father, and is now managed by Juventino and his son, Eric.
NEWNeed help deciding?
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!