Jun, Jul, Aug
Transfer from Huaraz, through the Callejón de Huaylas, to Musho. Here we will load our luggage on the donkeys and start a 4-or-5-hour hike to the Huascarán Base Camp, where we’ll spend the first nigh (-/L/D).
Today we‘ll climb to High Camp 1 with the help of porters, who will carry our camping equipment and food. From this point we will see both the south and north peaks of Huascarán. Dinner and lodging in tents on the glacier (B/L/D). At this altitude, the temperature at night falls to -13°C.
This morning we will continue to the Camp 2 climbing over the steep section of the glacier with crevasses, avalanches in the chutes and an area of icefall. Our porters will accompany us to Camp 2 in La Garganta (“The Throat“) between the North Summit and the South Summit. We will sleep in tents on the glacier (B/L/D).
Summit day! We begin our ascent very early this morning to the South Summit (6768 m). The trail takes us abruptly up, continues through many crevasses and avalanche zones until we will arrive at the flat summit ridge. From here you can see all the Cordillera Blanca. The unforgettable view from the summit makes us forget all our effort to get there! After enjoying the summit and taking some pictures, we must descend back to High Camp II. If everyone feels fine and weather is good, we can descend to the Base Camp. On the contrary, we will stay in High Camp II.
The ascent takes 6-7 hours, the descent to High Camp II around 3-4 hours and the descent from High Camp II to Base Camp other 3-4 hours (B/L/D).
We will reserve this day in case of bad weather or to rest in High Camp II (B/L/D).
Our last day. Early in the morning the donkey drivers will load the luggage so we can descend to the village of Musho for 3-4 hours. Here our private transport will be waiting to take us to Huaraz, our final destination. Here we say goodbye to the local team and have dinner at my home (a special dish called Pachamanca). Lodging in the hotel in Huaraz (B/L/-).
Not included in the price:
- International flights to Lima / Peru round trip
- Transfer from the airport for bookings of individual flights with different times of arrival / departure
- Exit tax at the airport in Lima
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Meals in restaurants in Lima and Huaraz
- Personal expenses
- Acclimatization Tour
- Entrance fees to the Huascaran National Park
- Transfer from the Hotel to the airport and bus station
- Domestic flight Airline ticket LC-Peru
- Hotel Casa Andina 2 nights in Lima
- Hotel San Sebastián 4 nights in Huaraz
- Pick up at the airport in Lima to the Hotel
- Personal equipment (such as boots, ice ax, crampons, harness, sleeping bag, mat, Goretex, etc.)
IFMGA/UIAGM mountain guide from Peru.
He was born in 1960 in Huaraz / Peru. With his 15th Age he learned the world of trekking and mountaineering know by he accompanied his father on trips with his clients.
To this day he is still working as a mountain guide and tour operator. For many years he was able to acquire a lot of knowledge about the mountains, making it one of the most experienced certified mountain guides.
He runs a family travel agency based in Huaraz, which was founded by his father, and is now managed by Juventino and his son, Eric.
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!