People per Guide
May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov
Type of Trip
Trekking in Santa Cruz and climbing the Nevado Pisco (5752 m) in the same trip. Without doubts, it’s one of the most beautiful expeditions in the world!
The Santa Cruz trek is one of the most popular treks in the Cordillera Blanca since we walk around amazing subtropical mountain passes and uncommonly beautiful peaks. Moreover, the big amount of lakes and glaciers we’ll visit during the way make the trail even more fantastic.
The camp sites where we’ll spend the night are some of the most spectacular of the world. As for the acclimatization, we will first do a hike to Laguna Churup, at 4,450 meters of altitude.
Regarding the climbing of Nevado Pisco, it is a perfect option for an acclimatization before a bigger goal. In fact, you won’t need prior mountaineering experience. However, a good fitness level is mandatory. Once at its 5752-meter summit, you won’t believe such an amazing view of the Cordillera Blanca. The panoramic landscape includes the Huandoys, Alpamayo, Artesonraju and Chopicalqui mountains.
At the bottom of this description you can find more details about the day-by-day itinerary. The best season to do this trekking and climbing expedition is from May till November. I can take with me a maximum of 15 participants. You can join an already open group departing in May. On the contrary, I will open a new group for you and your friends.
For more information about rates or next departures, please fill out the form and contact me. It will be my pleasure to lead this unique adventure in the Cordillera Blanca!
- Guiding fee
- All meals during trip
- Transport to the start of the trip
- Transport during the trip
- Permit and entrance fees
What happens if I need to cancel the trip?
If you decide to cancel, you’ll get a 100% refund (minus fees) if the cancellation is notified up to 60 days before the start of the tour, a 75% refund (minus fees) if you cancel between 59 and 30 days before the start of the tour, and a 50% refund if you cancel between 29 and 21 days before the start of the tour. If you cancel less than 21 days before the first day of the tour, you won’t receive a refund. Take into account, however, that if accommodation, flights or transfers were included in the trip you booked, then a different policy may apply as the guide will be bound by the provider’s cancellation policy.
What happens if the guide cancels the trip because of bad weather/unsuitable conditions?
If bad weather or unsuitable conditions force the guide to cancel the trip, he or she will: a) propose a similar activity at a different place where conditions are better, or b) propose to postpone the activity until a later date, or c) cancel. If you refuse option a), our cancellation policy will apply. Please note, however, that the call to cancel a trip due to bad weather can only be made by the guide (not the client).
What happens if the guide doesn’t show up or cancels for personal reasons?
If the guide cancels for reason of injury or other, you will get a 100% refund on your trip.
- Day 1: Flight to Lima - Lodging in the hotel
- Day 2: Travel by bus to Huaraz (3100 m)
- Day 3: Huaraz - Trekking hike to Laguna Churup (4450 m)
- Day 4: Huaraz - Transfer to the village of Cashapampa - Trekking to Llamacorral (3800 m)
- Day 5: Llamacorral - Trekking to Taullipampa (4250 m)
- Day 6: Trekking up to Punta Union Pass (4750 m) - Paria - Huaripampa Hut (3600 m)
- Day 7: Trekking to Vaquería. Transfer by van over Portachuelo Pass - Camping at Cebollapampa (3870 m)
- Day 8: Cebollapampa - Trekking to Laguna 69 (4450 m)
- Day 9: Cebollapampa - Trekking to Pisco Hut (4680 m)
Base Camp Hut - Climb Nevado Pisco (5752 m) - Back to Base Camp.
Optional: hike to a Moraine Camp (4900 m)
- Day 11: Base Camp - Trekking to Pisco Hut - Transfer to Huaraz
- Day 12: Rest day in Huaraz. Optional: Rock climbing in the Chancas walls
Transfer to the bus terminal in Huaraz for the transfer to Lima.
In Lima, transfer to the hotel.
- Day 14: Stay in Lima - transfer to the airport
- Day 15: Flight back home
- Hotel Casa Andina 2 nights in Lima or other hotel
- Hotel San Sebastián 4 nights in Huaraz or other hotel
Not included in the price:
- International flights to Lima / Peru round trip
- Transfer from the airport
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Meals in restaurants in Lima and Huaraz
- Personal expenses
- Personal equipment (such as boots, ice ax, crampons, harness, sleeping bag, mat, Goretex, etc.)
About the Guide
IFMGA/UIAGM mountain guide from Peru.
He was born in 1960 in Huaraz / Peru. With his 15th Age he learned the world of trekking and mountaineering know by he accompanied his father on trips with his clients.
To this day he is still working as a mountain guide and tour operator. For many years he was able to acquire a lot of knowledge about the mountains, making it one of the most experienced certified mountain guides.
He runs a family travel agency based in Huaraz, which was founded by his father, and is now managed by Juventino and his son, Eric.
What People Say about Juventino Martin Albino Caldua