|Stay home - Dream big- Book your next adventure|
• Book with only 25% deposit • Flexible refund policy
Discover one of the most magnificent mountains in China and the world, the Muztagh Ata. Conquer “the father of the ice mountains” with Fernando, an IFMGA certified guide.
This magnificent mountain is located in the border between China and Pakistan. It is the second tallest peak in the Kun-Lun mountain range. And it ccupies the 47th place on the tallest mountains around the world.
Muztagh Ata means “the father of the ice mountains”; perhaps because it stands amongst all the snowcapped peaks as a guardian of this land. Or perhaps because its summit is always covered in snow. So one of the advantages is that you can descend from the top skiing.
We’ll spend a few nights in Karakul and Subash for acclimatization. Then, after approximately 4 hours we’ll reach Base Camp at 4,450 meters. We normally make 3 camps, the last one being at 6,850 meters.
Due to the absence of technical ascents, Muztagh Ata it is an excellent option for those wishing to gain experience. Thus, is perfect for those who want to climb other Himalayan mountains later on. However, even if it’s not a technical ascent, it is still a challenging climb. So it is important that you have the physical condition needed to reach the summit.
Depending on your previous knowledge and skills, you can chose to climb them with skis or snowshoes. I’ll gladly help you choose the best option.
And most importantly, on top of giving you advice on the equipment, I’ll make sure you are safe along the way.
Also, once we arrive to Beijing, we can explore places like the Great Wall, the Ming Tombs, the Forbidden City and Tiannamen Square.
So if you want to join this expedition to the summit of “the father of the ice mountains”, please send me a request, you won’t forget it!
If you want a similar experience in another part of the world, I also guide this Aconcagua summit expedition.
Hotels and camping
This is a mountaineering expedition that takes places in countries sometimes complicated or unstable, with a different culture, exploring the most remote and isolated areas. Therefore it should be aware of the risks and difficulties that might occur. Participants should also be aware that in these type of trips not all the variables can be controlled, thus, the program can be modified by circumstances out of our control. Aragón Aventura and Explore Share decline any type of responsibility derived from natural unforeseen circumstances, accidents and any possible changes in the program.
The passport has to be valid of at least 6 months prior and after departure. The visa paperwork will be taken care of but it doesn't include the price of the visa. We recommend to be as covered as possible, there's a wide range of options for insurances we'll be gladly to recommend for you. We can also provide you with any extra information and specifications about the expedition, the mountain and the places we’ll b visiting in China. We recommend you bring: A backpack of at least 60 liters Sleeping bag Mountaineering boots Trekking boots Sandals Socks adapted for the weather Pants and shirts for the warmer areas Long neck tshirts Polar pants and jacket Gore-tex pants and jacket Ski mask Caps Fine internal gloves Ski gloves Feather gloves for the expedition Gore-tex cover for the gloves Disposable heat bags Sunglasses with maximum solar protection Ski glasses Feather sleeping bag Peeing container for high altitude camps Crampons Piolet Ski poles Chapstick with high uv protection Swiss arm and lighter Spoon and cup Security carabiner Harness Frontal flashlight Personal first aid kit Personal hygiene bag Water purification pills Photo camera Altimeter GPS Snowshoes for mountaineering
Depart from Madrid to Beijing at noon.
Arrival to Beijing. Then we’ll depart to Kasghar arriving around 15:25, where our team will pick you up and take you to your hotel.
You get the morning free to rest and do the last shopping and preparation. Also you’ll get to explore Subash. Later during the day, we’ll take the dazzling highway of Karakorum, through a narrow mountain pass that is absolutely breathtaking. Additionally, you’ll get to see the magnificent River Guez. We’ll then climb slowly to the lake Karakul at 3,900 meters. Then, we’ll continue the trip towards Subash, where we’ll stay for the night.
We’ll spend the day in Subash to acclimate, trekking around the area.
After breakfast we’ll begin today’s adventure. Camels will be waiting for us in Subash to take our cargo. We’ll equip the caravan and begin our journey through fascinating hills towards Base Camp. There, you’ll find electricity to charge your devices, and a full pension stay, including european and chinese style food and showers. You’ll also find phones, so you can make phone calls without any problems.
Normally there are 3 camps to reach summit: Camp 1 is at 5,450 meters, camp 2 is at 6,200 meters, camp 3 is at 6,850 meters from where we’ll head to the top.
Today we’ll pack up and begin our descent to Subahs, where vehicles we’ll take us to Kasghar. Then, we’ll head to our hotel.
After a delicious breakfast we’ll head to the airport to take a flight back to Beijing. There, we will spend the night at a hotel. It will be the departure day for those who don’t wish to stay in Beijing.
You’ll get these days to explore Beijing on your own or with the group.
Today we will depart at night and arrive at Madrid at around 7,15
IFMGA-AEGM Mountain Guide from Spain
I've been a mountain guide all my life. All around the world. Specialized in high altitude in Andes and Himalayas.
I guide expeditions to 6.000, 7.000 and 8.000 meters peaks, Trekkings, in the Alps and my Pyrinees mountains and all around the world.
Have any doubts? Talk directly with an Explore Share assistant.
The Concierge service is a great tool for when you still haven't decided what kind of Adventure you're looking for and you're open to suggestions
Group of 7
|EUR 5042 each|
Want a different number of travellers?
• Guiding fee
• Flight to the start of the trip
• Transportation from your hotel/airport (if in area) to the start of the trip and back
• Transport during the trip
• Luggage transfer during the trip
• Permit and entrance fees
• Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
• This price includes the flight and it’s considering the guided and non guided groups join on the same dates. Otherwise, another price will be considered, which will be informed before the confirmation of the expedition. Please note there is an extra fee of 190 euros for non spanish citizens, for the chinese permit. These prices are based on a calculation on the exchange rate in January 2017, for the number of people and conditions indicated. If there are any changes in these circumstances, it will reflect on the price. At the moment of doing the reservation, we’ll inform you on the best rates and schedules, which will dictate the final price. We recommend you get a cancellation fee insurance, and to enroll with months of anticipation. There’s a 3% discount if you enroll 5 or more months in advance. The price includes: advice on the organization prior departure (material, physical, psychological, and technical preparation); round trip Spain-Pekin-Kashgar including flights; transfer to the hotels in Kashgar and 2 nights stay there; round trip to and from Subhash; climbing and other permits; all meals are included at Base Camp; camels to transport the cargo from and to Base Camp; guide’s fee; meals and tent; 2 nights at a hotel in Pekin and transfer to the airport; all visa paperwork will be taken care of (it doesn’t include the price of the visa itself); Aragon Aventura’s bag; IVA and paperwork fees. The price doesn’t include: the price of the visa to enter and leave the country; other flights: meals in the cities; mountain medical and assistance insurance; rescues in case of emergencies; porters; personal equipment; mineral water, drinks and snacks; tips; any other non specified expense.
There are no reviews yet