Walking through one of the classic trekking on the north Patagonia ,that give to us the opportunity to explore an incredible alpine surrounding. And a long mountain tradition that bring to us all this huts in the different valleys.
Each day surprise us whit a different point landscape and some challenges to skip, make of this trip a good lifetime remember!!
Day 1: Villa Catedral to Refugio Frey (Frey Hut), 3-4hrs / 5km
We’ll start the trek at the Catedral ski resort and walk through a beautiful native Lenga forest. After arriving at the hut (Refugio Frey) we’ll take a rest and then have lots of opportunity to explore the area and the incredible views of surrounding peaks. Refugio Frey is a well known alpine climbing area and you’ll know why when you see the many granite spires here.
Day 2: Refugio Frey to Refugio Jakob, 5-6 hrs / 9.5km
Day two begins with a hike up Catedral ridge, and from there we head back down into scenic Rucaco Valley. Crossing this valley takes us to Brecha Negra ridge and then on to Refugio Jakob where we’ll spend the night. This hut is located on the shoreline of the lagoon and is a great spot to enjoy the rest of the afternoon!
Day 3: Refugio Jakob to Refugio Laguna Negra, 8-10hrs / 9km
This is the most challenging day of the traverse, as we climb the ridges of the upper mountain. The views however are spectacular, making the effort well worth it. Later in the day we arrive at Refugio Laguna Negra for our last night of the traverse.
Day 4: Refugio Laguna Negra to Arroyo Lopes, 5-6hrs / 9km
From Refugio Laguna Negra we hike to beautiful Cerro Lopez, a high pass that drops down to arroyo Lopez and then the road back to Bariloche.
Day 5: Optional
This is a back up/optional day in case we encounter bad weather or want to take an extra day at Refugio Jakob to further explore the area and enjoy a more relaxed pace on the traverse.
Contact me if you are interested in doing this beautiful trekking in Bariloche area!
· Because we depend on the weather and the terrain condition, part of this program
can be changed. We are always looking for have the best experience but also need
to keep the safety and enjoy first!!
· We offer this program in 4 days. But don’t have back up for bad weather .
· If is any equipment missing, we can help you rent or find it. Don’t hesitate to ask us
· If you need info about the hotels, we can offer you different options and help whit
· Once you agree with the program, we can send extra info and gear list. As well
we’ll ask for a non-refundable 30% deposit in order to book this trip.
Skill level: Snow slopes up to 35 degrees (early in the season -December-). Some days we should transit in “scrambling terrain”. Participants should be able to carry loads up to 15 kg. Personal porters available (not included).
Location: Nahuel Huapi National Park, Patagonia, Argentina.
Climber/guide ratio: 5:1
Prerequisites: Good physical shape required.
Best time to go: December to April.
Included and Not Included
THIS BUDGET INCLUDES:
· Full UIAGM/AAGM Mountain guide during the whole trip.
· Privet transportation from town to the mountain.
· All the huts expenses at Frey/Jackob/Laguna Negra.
· All the meals on the mountain.
THIS BUDGET DOES NOT INCLUDE:
· Any expenses for rescue and trip cancelation.
· Medical insurance (is mandatory to have one whit coverage in Argentina)
· Extra personal gear such us (backpack, sleeping bag, poles ,etc)
· All the drinks at dinners.
· Any other expense during the trip wich is not including before.
Price per person
2 pax: $US 900
3 or more pax: $US 700
Spots of interest
Hut to hut trekking, Bariloche
Price per person
|Group of 2||900USD|
|Group of 3||700USD|
|Group of 4||700USD|
|Group of 5||700USD|