People per Guide
Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov
Type of Trip
These two days of trail will take you from the Swiss village of Orsières to Chamonix at the foot of Mont Blanc.
During this course you will discover the beautiful scenery of the Tour du Mont Blanc through 2 countries, to prepare your course or just to run on legendary trails!
Highlights of the two days are the following:
– The last 50 km of the famous ultra trail in the Mt Blanc region,
– Recognition of the legendary racy to best run the course,
– Professional advice to progress while having fun,
– Logistics: transfer, luggage transport, accommodation and meals,
– Running with a light bag!
In the ‘extra’ section below, you’ll find information about the required trail running level you need to have. You will also see the equipment that you need to bring with you.
During these 2 days we will run on average 20-35km a day and go up from 1000 to 2000 meters. We will mainly be on single tracks and technical terrain. We will partially be on aerial paths.
Does this beautiful 2-day trail course interest you? Then please contact me! Or if this program does not fit your needs, I can present other courses I organize in the Alps and elsewhere. There are options available both for beginners, like this one and more experienced, as this example. I’d be happy to guide you on these fabulous mountain trails and coach you in your progress.
Price per person
- Guiding fee
- All meals during trip
- Transport during the trip
- Luggage transfer during the trip
What happens if I need to cancel the trip?
If you decide to cancel, you’ll get a 100% refund (minus fees) if the cancellation is notified up to 60 days before the start of the tour, a 75% refund (minus fees) if you cancel between 59 and 30 days before the start of the tour, and a 50% refund if you cancel between 29 and 21 days before the start of the tour. If you cancel less than 21 days before the first day of the tour, you won’t receive a refund. Take into account, however, that if accommodation, flights or transfers were included in the trip you booked, then a different policy may apply as the guide will be bound by the provider’s cancellation policy.
What happens if the guide cancels the trip because of bad weather/unsuitable conditions?
If bad weather or unsuitable conditions force the guide to cancel the trip, he or she will: a) propose a similar activity at a different place where conditions are better, or b) propose to postpone the activity until a later date, or c) cancel. If you refuse option a), our cancellation policy will apply. Please note, however, that the call to cancel a trip due to bad weather can only be made by the guide (not the client).
What happens if the guide doesn’t show up or cancels for personal reasons?
If the guide cancels for reason of injury or other, you will get a 100% refund on your trip.
Orsières - Trient
23,7km, D +1493/-1101m, around 5-6 hours hiking.
9AM: meeting at the train station SNCF in Chamonix. Bus transfer to Orsières, around 1 hour.
This step starts from Orsières to reach Champex and its beautiful glacial lake! After crossing the station it is time to begin the main course with the ascent towards Bovine. The 2000 m altitude is reached and the Rhone valley view is splendid here! Then the best descenders can show their talents in the beautiful descent to the Forclaz pass. The term of the first day is in Trient in front of the pink church.
Dinner and overnight at the cottage.
Trient - Chamonix
28.7km, D +1829/-2098m, 6-7 hours hiking.
The second day begins ascending towards Catogne. The road winds through a spruce forest before showing a magnificent view of the Trient glacier. Then, we go to the Vallorcine valley and we join the French border. We see the first Mont Blanc massif summits and the Aiguille Verte. Then we cross the South balcony, and come to the Flégère where we can observe Chamonix within walking distance! A final descent and we are back in the mountaineering and trail capital.
Cottage (in dormitories and shared rooms).
(Stage reconnaissance Orsières - Chamonix)
A minimum number of participants (defined in advance) is required for the departure to take place. If the number of participants is insufficient and the departure is cancelled, clients will be informed via a phone call at least a week prior to the scheduled departure date and will receive a complete refund.
Clients are required to have a multi-risk insurance, covering cancellation fees, rescue and accident, repatriation and baggage loss or theft.
Group size: 7 to 12 people.
- Regular practice of running and other endurance sports : 3-4 times a week for at least 1:15h
- Regular practice of running in varied terrains, experience & participation in races or nature trails 20 to 40 km
- Occasional practice of mountain hiking
- Be able to progress at a minimum speed of 600m D + / hr for 1 hour
- Knowledge of Mountain environment
- During the day: a light backpack with a waterproof jacket, a long sleeve warm fleece type, a survival blanket, a whistle, an individual pharmacy kit*, a cap or headband, a hat and thin gloves, sunglasses suitable for running, long tights if you are wearing shorts to run, cereal bars and energy drinks, a plastic bag for waste, biodegradable toilet paper, a headlamp, a minimum reserve water of 1.5L, an elastic strapping strip and some cash
- To wear: running short, a short-sleeved t-shirt, running socks and already worn trail shoes
- For the whole stay: a silk sheet, a towel, spare clothes for 2 days, a personal hygiene kit, spare shoes, a spare water socket, spare batteries for the headlamp, a pair of spare laces, a pocketknife and earplugs
- Recommended additional equipment: poles and camera
* Individual pharmacy kit: anti-friction cream, sunscreen, double skin dressings, elastic band, paracetamol, anti-diarrheal, antiseptic and personal drugs
About the Guide
I hold the State Certificate of Mountain Leader (UIMLA), Athlete of Team Garmin Adventure. I won many trail competitions such as Oxygen Challenge, The Glaciers Tour of Vanoise, Albertville Trail, Drayes Blanches of Vercors, the Frison Roche Beaufort, Run and skate of Chamonix… I have also some racing podiums such as the Saintélyon, the Lyon Urban Trail, the Causses Marathon, the Allobroges. I am an ex-sportswoman of high level in rowing (World Championships, World Cups, France Championships). I have a mastery STAPS (Sport) and BEES First degree in rowing.
I organise and supervise many trail courses in the Alps with a pro team, a friends group with whom we have a mission: Run and enjoy! I invite you to contact me if you want to train and/or discover these incredible massifs.
What People Say about Caroline Freslon