People per Guide
Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov
Type of Trip
Private and Group
An improvement training in Saint Gervais for trail-runners who wish to take their mountain running a step up. We will train during 4 days. I will assist you together with a physical trainer. We will do a series of tests to assess physical and physiological conditions. Then we will put the results in practice in the field.
This is the chance to answer all your questions about training. How to improve your performance? How to best manage your season and the risks of injury? Also, how to improve your efficiency through physical training and diet? Because there are many ways to improve and enjoy it even more!
A great way to start the season on the right foot! You can also bring your family. There is a special “companion” rate and possible activities near the lodging. For example thermal baths, spa, swimming pool, hiking, tobogganing, etc.
Some highlights of this trail running course are the following:
– You can bring the family;
– A training course focused on physical preparation to take good advice home with you;
– A star-shaped journey;
– Key logistics in hand and qualified coaching trail.
These 4 days are supervised by myself and Vincent Rabec. He is manager of Optimasport Solutions Council and Support in Sport and Physical Activity. In addition, he is physiotherapist with various international degrees. And he is also physical trainer of France hockey teams, professional football clubs, top tennis athletes, running and trail running.
Are you interested in this trail course? Then please contact me! If it doesn’t match your expectations, I will present you other courses and trail outings which I organize. I offer options in the Alps and elsewhere, for beginners as well as more experienced. I would be thrilled to take you along these beautiful mountain paths and coach you during your evolution. Please contact me for information about the next departure dates.
I also offer trips together with other professionals, like Thomas Lorblanchet, check it out!
Price per person per day
- Guiding fee
What happens if I need to cancel the trip?
If you decide to cancel, you’ll get a 100% refund (minus fees) if the cancellation is notified up to 60 days before the start of the tour, a 75% refund (minus fees) if you cancel between 59 and 30 days before the start of the tour, and a 50% refund if you cancel between 29 and 21 days before the start of the tour. If you cancel less than 21 days before the first day of the tour, you won’t receive a refund. Take into account, however, that if accommodation, flights or transfers were included in the trip you booked, then a different policy may apply as the guide will be bound by the provider’s cancellation policy.
What happens if the guide cancels the trip because of bad weather/unsuitable conditions?
If bad weather or unsuitable conditions force the guide to cancel the trip, he or she will: a) propose a similar activity at a different place where conditions are better, or b) propose to postpone the activity until a later date, or c) cancel. If you refuse option a), our cancellation policy will apply. Please note, however, that the call to cancel a trip due to bad weather can only be made by the guide (not the client).
What happens if the guide doesn’t show up or cancels for personal reasons?
If the guide cancels for reason of injury or other, you will get a 100% refund on your trip.
Afternoon: evaluation tests and analysis of the results.
Evening lecture: training and physical preparation at the trail.
Half day trail - Circuit training
Morning: half day trail, then meeting based on test results.
Practical application of the aspects discussed the evening before.
Lunch at the cottage.
Afternoon: circuit training for muscular strengthening and injury prevention. Practical workshops. Workshop led by Vincent Rabec.
Evening lecture: how to avoid injuries?
Trail with technical workshops
Morning session: proprioceptive circuits, stretching.
Conference on nutrition in trail.
Lunch at the cottage.
Afternoon: half day trail with technical workshops about descent.
Trail outing - Balance and closure
Trail outing for the day, picnic during the day.
Back to the cottage mid-afternoon.
Finally, balance and closure of the training around 4PM.
In a cottage
For group tours a minimum number of participants (defined in advance) is required for the departure to take place. If the number of participants is insufficient and the departure is cancelled, clients will be informed via a phone call at least a week prior to the scheduled departure date and will receive a complete refund.
Clients are required to have a multi-risk insurance, covering cancellation fees, rescue and accident, repatriation and baggage loss or theft.
(Stage trail perfectionnement)
The rate includes intervention of a physiotherapist, physical trainer and micronutritionist.
- Regular running practice and other sport endurance activities: 3-4 times a week for at least 1:15 hs
- Regular running practice in varied terrains, experience and participation in races or natural trails 20-40 km
- Occasional practice of mountain hiking
- Being able to evolve at a minimum speed of 600m D+/h during 1 hour
- Mountain environment knowledge
- During the day: a light backpack with a waterproof jacket, a long sleeve warm fleece type, a survival blanket, a whistle, an individual pharmacy kit*, a cap or headband, a hat and thin gloves, sunglasses suitable for running, long tights if you are wearing shorts to run, cereal bars and energy drinks, a plastic bag for waste, biodegradable toilet paper, a headlamp, a minimum reserve water of 1.5L, an elastic strapping strip and some cash
- To wear: running short, a short-sleeved t-shirt, running socks and already worn trail shoes
- For the whole stay: spare clothes for 3 days, a personal hygiene kit, spare shoes, a spare water socket, spare batteries for the headlamp, a pair of spare laces, a pocketknife and earplugs
- Recommended additional equipment: poles and camera
* Individual pharmacy kit: anti-friction cream, sunscreen, double skin dressings, elastic band, paracetamol, anti-diarrheal, antiseptic and personal drugs
About the Guide
I hold the State Certificate of Mountain Leader (UIMLA), Athlete of Team Garmin Adventure. I won many trail competitions such as Oxygen Challenge, The Glaciers Tour of Vanoise, Albertville Trail, Drayes Blanches of Vercors, the Frison Roche Beaufort, Run and skate of Chamonix… I have also some racing podiums such as the Saintélyon, the Lyon Urban Trail, the Causses Marathon, the Allobroges. I am an ex-sportswoman of high level in rowing (World Championships, World Cups, France Championships). I have a mastery STAPS (Sport) and BEES First degree in rowing.
I organise and supervise many trail courses in the Alps with a pro team, a friends group with whom we have a mission: Run and enjoy! I invite you to contact me if you want to train and/or discover these incredible massifs.
What People Say about Caroline Freslon