This 5-day trek in the Patagonian region of El Chaltén will take us to the base camps of Mount Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre. In our way, we’ ll enjoy fantastic views of these mountains as well as unique glaciers and lakes.
During this Andean trek we’ll set up camp in the most beautiful spots. From north to south, we’ll walk to the base camps of Mount Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre. Then, we’ll trek to Paso del Viento with the best views of the second largest icecap outside the polar regions!
But there are still more features that make this trip unique:
- Trek to Laguna Torre and the Maestri viewpoint;
- You will witness the mythical Cerro Torre and the famous Glacier Grande;
- A zip-line across the Fitz Roy river;
- Towering view of the Fitz Roy east face, from Laguna de los Tres;
- Wade Tunnel River and a big challenge crossing the Paso del Viento.
The best season to come to El Chalten is from October to March. I can lead a group between 4 and 8 participants. All of you must have a good backpacking experience. Keep in mind you will carry between 18-20 kgs on your back through steep sections.
As a local guide with vast experience in the Patagonia I can surely find the perfect option for you. So, contact me for more details or if you want to book your place for next departures!
|21/10/2018 to 27/10/2018|
|04/11/2018 to 10/11/2018|
|18/11/2018 to 24/11/2018|
|02/12/2018 to 08/12/2018|
|16/12/2018 to 22/12/2018|
|06/01/2019 to 12/01/2019|
|20/01/2019 to 26/01/2019|
|03/02/2019 to 09/02/2019|
|17/02/2019 to 23/02/2019|
|10/03/2019 to 16/03/2019|
|24/03/2019 to 30/03/2019|
Price per person
- Guiding fee
- All meals during trip
- Transport to the start of the trip
- Transport during the trip
Skill level required
Fitness level required