Join me for this beautiful 2-day ascent of Mount Bishorn, through the west route, starting from Zinal in the Anniviers municipality and staying one night in the Tracuit mountain hut.
Mount Bishorn is one of the easiest 4000-meter peaks of the Alps. The climbing level is PD (Peu difficile). It is usually climbed by people looking for amazing views and for a first high altitude experience above 4000 meters.
I like this ascent and guiding my clients there because :
- I find Bishorn very suitable for beginners and a good opportunity to transmit my passion for the mountain to the ones looking for a first mountaineering adventure ;
- The view from the summit at 4153m is really breathtaking. Up there, you have the feeling of touching Weisshorn, one of the most impressive 4000-meter peaks of the Alps.
- The sun set and the sun rise, looking at the summits of the imperial crown : Weisshorn – Zinalrothorn – Obergabelhorn – Dent Blanche is really stunning !
The program and itinerary are as follow.
We start our adventure in the beautiful village of Zinal hiking up through a forest to later reach Roc de la Vache in the mountain pasture. From there we enter the high mountain univers : the vegetation is replaced by rocks. The way up to the refuge of Tracuit is quite demanding (elevation gain of 1600 meters) but a very good training for the final ascent of Bishorn on day 2.
We will leave early and reach rapidly the glacier. The ascent of Bishorn (elevation gain of 900 meters) is soft and easy. The difficult part might be in the management of the altitude but it will be compensated by the breathtaking scenery of the Weisshorn from the summit. We will use the same way to go back to Zinal.
I will take maximum 6 persons with me on the rope. If you come with a larger group, I will ask a friend of mine, IFMGA mountain guide as well, to join us.
The fees per person are the following.
- 960.- CHF if you come alone
- 480.- CHF for a group of 2
- 330.- CHF for a group of 3
- 260.- CHF for a group of 4
- 200.- CHF for a group of 5
- 170.- CHF for a group of 6
This includes the guiding fee and the guides expenses (accommodation).
Feel free to contact me if you are interested about this beautiful adventure. I’ll be glad to bring you up there and enjoy with you some of the most beautiful views of the Alps. I can of course also guide you on the other mountains of the area.
Price per person
|Group of 2||480.00CHF|
|Group of 3||330.00CHF|
|Group of 4||260.00CHF|
|Group of 5||200.00CHF|
|Group of 6||170.00CHF|
- Guiding fee
- Mountain guide's expenses
Tracuit mountain hut