Conquer the classic peak of the Matterhorn on a 3-day trip, consisting of 1 training day and 2 days of ascent, with the IFMGA-certified Peaks Hunter Mountain Guide Team.
Jul - Sep
* Conquer the Swiss Alps and ascend the Matterhorn via Hornli ridge.
* Capture the iconic beauty of Switzerland's most dramatic peak.
* Benefit from having a fully-qualified guide accompanying you.
It’s difficult to overstate the legendary nature of the Matterhorn. The dramatic pyramid peak cloaked in snow is an iconic image of the Swiss Alps.
Stretching to 4,478 meters above sea level, it is also one of the highest summits not only in the Alps but in Europe.
The Matterhorn has four steep faces, which rise above surrounding glaciers, and are split by four ridges: the Leone ridge, Zmutt ridge, Furggen ridge and the Hornli ridge.
Each of these ridges contains their own experience. We will ascend the Hornli ridge, the most popular to climb.
Before we conquer the great alpine peak, we will have a training day to prepare for the climb around the area of Cervinia, or not too far from there. This area lies at the foot of the Matterhorn, and is a great location to practice.
On the second day we’ll begin our ascent from the world-class alpine town of Zermatt and climb towards the Hornli hut. From here, our third day will take us to the summit of the Matterhorn. An unforgettable achievement that rewards you with spectacular panoramic views.
Potential participants on this ascent are required to have a very good level of fitness as well as previous mountaineering experience.
Get in touch now to reserve your place on a thrilling 3-day ascent to the summit of the Matterhorn via the Hornli ridge.
- Guiding fee
Meals and beverages for you and the guide
What experience and how fit do I need to be to climb this mountain? Is this program suitable for children or older people?
As you know, the ascent of Matterhorn requires to have a good climbing level. The mountain has demanding sections where you'll need to use your arms to climb, so you need to feel comfortable. Your indoor climbing level should be at least 6a-6b.
It is essential that you know that Matterhorn requires a very intense effort during the ascent. The climbing and the way down take place on a very exposed and very steep itinerary: no way to fall, no way to be exhausted, no way to have a long rest on the itinerary.
The two other requirements include:
What is the day by day program / itinerary?
We usually suggest the following program:
Why do you propose this Matterhorn climbing program with a training ascent of Pollux?
This is the best plan for get well trained and well acclimatised before climbing Matterhorn. The mountain guide will give you suggestions during the Pollux (4,092 m) ascent and you'll be able to improve your skills/technics directly during that climb. You'll have the possibility to test yourself on steep and exposed terrain (with a mixed of rock, snow or ice) with crampons. We strongly recommend this plan because this is the best way to maxime your chances to get to the summit of Matterhorn and back.
Giving and receiving smiles, seeing the satisfaction on the faces of our customers, seeking opportunities for growth, stimulating authenticity in personal and group relationships, in sharing mountaineering disciplines, fears, efforts, and moments of difficulty, which are part of the integrated with experiences, essential ingredients of every summit climb: these are our focus, our beliefs, and our most important results, as outdoor Professionals and as people who love the mountains and their work as Alpine Guides!
Founded in 2013 by Elis and Silvia, PEAKSHUNTER Mountain Guides is a team of IFMGA-certified Mountain Professionals and outdoor activities experts, based in the town of Aosta, not far from Courmayeur-Chamonix, on the Italian side of the Mont Blanc massif.
We live and work in the beautiful Aosta Valley region, very close to French and Swiss borders near to Geneva, Milan, and Turin international airports.
Mont Blanc, Matterhorn, Dufourspitze, Pyramide Vincent and Regina Margherita Hut, Gran Paradiso, Breithorn, Lyskamm, Castor and Pollux are only a few of several 4000 Alps summits you can climb with us: most of our team of Guides were born and grew up close to these mountains and they have explored the ascent routes several times during different seasons, with skis or crampons!
- We love our work: we plan all our trips with great commitment and deep respect for the Alpine environment, for its inhabitants, and its territories. Including local traditions in different valleys and Alpine areas.
- We love Mountain, Nature, and Outdoor activities, that we like to share with people from all around the world. We are enthusiastic to meet like-minded adventurers and share new experiences and memorable emotions with the support of our Mountain Guides.
- Safety and Risk Management are essential for us, as elements of fundamental importance during every single trip we plan and carry out with our customers: for this reason, we offer introductory courses to the different alpine disciplines (Mountaineering, Rock climbing, Ice climbing, Ski mountaineering, Freeride, Rescue Crevasse, and Avalanche) to convey awareness and responsibility to our customers.
- We offer solid Experience, with several years organizing outdoor disciplines around mountain and wild areas, in many different countries of Italy and Europe, for individuals or groups, including 7-day customer support for booking, logistics, and personal assistance for planning and reservations.
- As certified Mountain Guides, we offer training courses, to improve technical skills and to learn basic knowledge about mountaineering in the Alps, which is essential to explore and climb the Mountains safely in any situation or conditions.
- We are happy to provide customized programs for every customer's demand: our Experience is synonymous with Professionalism and Customer Care to guarantee unforgettable emotions and beautiful smiles!
Fulfill your dreams, discover breathtaking views or simply enjoy an extraordinary day: you just need to use your imagination and we will carry out your trip as you desire to live it!
Let’s plan your next mountain project together!
Hello Basically I am satisfied with the whole organization, because in the end everything worked as expected, whereby the guide had a big part in the success! Unfortunately, the information regarding equipment was unclear in advance and sometimes varied, which didn't make it any easier for a beginner like me. In general, the flow of information was rather slow, but towards the end it was sufficient and quick. In general, I would recommend that you revise the list of necessary equipment! Above all, it should be clear what the guest has to bring (with a distinction between "must" and "recommended"), what is provided by the organizer and what could be rented if necessary. Of course, this is not easy to accomplish, as the necessary equipment also depends on the conditions. Best wishes and continued success with the organization of ski trips! Martin
Great service. Above and beyond expectations. Abigail went the extra mile to make my trip happen, after hours and at very short notice. It would not have been possible without her. Highly recommended.
Silvia was fantastic in helping get everything set up, from recommending accommodations and buses to organizing the meet-up with my guide. Mateo was a great guide, found the perfect route for my experience and skill level. A truly amazing experience that I didn't think would be possible.
A very well organised trip by both parties, we will define use again for future trips 🙂
Had a blast with Elis from Peakshunter. We enjoyed the climbing quite a bit, and Elis was kind and helpful, and the views at Albard di Bard were amazing! We had never done multi pitch climbing before and he made it a really fun time for us.
Matterhorn 2-day ascent
Breithorn, Pennine Alps, Guided Ascent
Matterhorn 2 Day Advanced Guided Climb From Switzerland
2-day Matterhorn summit via the Hörnli Ridge, from Zermatt
Climbing Matterhorn via Lion’s ridge
Matterhorn guided climb via Hornli ridge
My first 4,000m ascent in the Alps (Breithorn)
Matterhorn Preparation Climb on Breithorn
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures.