Do you want to be a part of a great climb at Mount Shishapangma in Tibet?
Join me in this 42-day expedition. Mount Shishapangma is one of the highest peaks of the world. It belongs to the Himalaya’s eight thousands and, although it is the lowest of them it’s the only one which is located entirely in Tibet.
For climbers already experienced in high-altitude climbing, reaching the summit of Mount Shishapangma involves minimal risk. Besides, it is an ideal starting point for those who are initiating the challenge of climbing at eight mile.
This expedition starts in the city of Kathmandu (in Nepal). After a few days of travel, we will reach Shishapangma’s Base Camp and and have a couple days of acclimatization. Then, I’ll guide you through the Northwest Ridge (the normal route), the climbing route that will take us directly towards the Central Summit. Once there, there’ll be a final challenge: crossing a knife-edge ridge that joins the Central Summit to the south one.
The Advanced Base Camp (ABC) will be installed at 5540m, Camp 1 at 6200m, Camp 2 at 6700m and Camp 3 at 7400m.
If you are interested in this adventure, you will find the complete itinerary and program here below.
- Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu (Nepal) and transfer to the hotel.
- Days 2 to 3: Stay in Kathmandu while the visa for Tibet is processed.
- Day 4: Flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa (Tibet) (3650m-11680ft) and transfer to the hotel.
- Day 5: Stay in Lhasa for sightseeing.
- Day 6: Drive to Shigatse (3900m-12480ft)- O/N hotel.
- Day 7: Drive to Shegar/Thingri (4350m-13,920ft)- O/N hotel.
- Day 8: Arrival at Shishapangma base camp (4950m-16.236ft).
- Days 9 to 10: Acclimatization at base camp and preparing loads to take to ABC.
- Day 11: Trek to intermediate camp (5100m-16,728ft).
- Day 12: Trek to advanced base camp (5540m-18,171ft).
- Days 13 to 36: Climbing period.
- Day 37: Trek back to base camp. Then, drive to Shegar/Thingri (4350m-13,920ft) -O/N hotel.
- Day 38: Drive to Shigatse O/N hotel.
- Day 39: Return to Lhasa and transfer to the hotel.
- Day 40: Flight to Kathmandu.
- Day 41: Stay in Kathmandu for one day.
- Day 42: Final departure.
Please contact me if you want to be a part of this Himalayan experience or if you have any question about the expedition. I will be happy to be your guide there and let you discover Tibet, a region I like very much. I lead several other expeditions in Tibet so feel free to get in touch with me if you have something else in mind.
Price per person
|Group of 5||26350USD|
|Group of 6||26350USD|
|Group of 7||26350USD|
|Group of 8||26350USD|
- Guiding fee
- All meals during trip
- Transport to the start of the trip
- Transport during the trip
- Luggage transfer during the trip
- Group equipment
- Permit and entrance fees
- Visa fee
|- Hotel with breakfast in Kathmandu for 5 nights. - Hotel in Lhasa, Shigatse and Shegar/Thingri on room sharing. - Spacious single tent with insulated floor and mattress for each member at advanced base camp.|
|- 2 oxygen bottles (4 liters) per member and 1 oxygen bottle for the guide with mask and regulator are included in the cost. - I strongly recommend that all expedition climbers have their medical and evacuation coverage arranged in their home country before joining the expedition.|
|The expedition program is provided as an indication and is subject to modifications in case of unforeseeable circumstances such as changes in government regulations, natural disasters, changes in flight schedules, major political unrest or war etc.|