By joining this 42-day guided expedition in Tibet, you’ll have the chance to experience a wonderful adventure in some of the most beautiful landscapes on earth. Our climbing route to reach the summit of Mount Cho Oyu, will be its Northwestern ridge.
Mount Cho Oyu is 8.201 meters high. It is the 6th highest mountain of the world. Moreover, the peak is located at the border of Nepal and Tibet, in the heart of the Greater Himalaya mountain range.
The northwest ridge is the classic climbing route and it’s very accessible. Of course it has difficult sections but if it is compared with other 8.000-meter summits, it’s really easier.
Despite of its height, Mount Cho Oyu is perfect for climbers who want to improve their mountaineering skills. It is also a great option to get prepared for a bigger objective in the future: Mount Everest for example.
If you’re interested in this 42-day guided expedition in Tibet, please find below an estimate program and itinerary of the trip. The suggested departures is from late August till early September, but please ask me for other dates.
- DAY 1: After arrival in Kathmandu you’ll be transferred to your hotel.
- DAYS 2 AND 3: We’ll do different administrative procedures in order to get the the papers of the Tibetan visa.
- DAY 4: Once we fly to Lhasa, we’ll stay there in a hotel for the night.
- DAY 5: We spend the day in Lhasa and visit the wonders of this iconic city.
- DAY 6: Move to Shigatse by car and spend the night in a hotel.
- DAY 7: On day 7, we will go to Shegar (4.350m) and spend the night there, in a hotel.
- DAY 8: We’ll drive to Mount Cho Oyu base camp at 4.900 meters high.
- DAYS 9 AND 10: These days will be dedicated to acclimatization and to get our backpacks ready.
- DAY 11: Day of hiking up the intermediate campsite, at 5.400 meters high.
- DAY 12: Hike up to the advanced base camp at 5.600 meters high.
- DAYS 13 TO 36: During this period of 23 days we will train, acclimatize and when the weather permits it, try to summit Mount Cho Oyu.
- DAY 37: We’ll hike down to the base camp and move to Shegar/Thingri by car.
- DAY 38: After being transferred to Shigatse, we will spend the night there in a hotel.
- DAY 39: We’ll keep driving to Lhasa. From there, a transfer will take us to the lodge.
- DAY 40: Return to Kathmandu.
- DAY 41: Resting day in Kathmandu.
- DAY 42: Go back home or continue visiting this amazing region.
Please, contact me now for more information about next departures, prices and booking. I await your message anxiously so that we can plan this Tibetan trip together.
Price per person
|Group of 2||26900USD|
|Group of 3||26900USD|
|Group of 4||26900USD|
|Group of 5||26900USD|
- Guiding fee
- All meals during trip
- Half-board meals during trip
- Transport during the trip
- Luggage transfer during the trip
- Group equipment
- Permit and entrance fees
- Visa fee
- Mountain guide's expenses
|Hotel accommodation with breakfast in Kathmandu for 5 nights// Hotel accommodation on full board in Lhasa, Shigatse and Shegar/Thingri on room sharing.|