Trans-Mexican Volcanic Belt
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Private and Group
We will start our climb at the La Joya Car Park. We´ll cover four “portillos” (sections) that cross over from the Mexico State Valley to the Puebla State Valley. After the fourth “portillo” a short descent leads to the hut.
The most difficult section of the climb starts right after we leave the hut. After a while we reach the Panza Glacier from where we continue our ascent to the summit.
Puebla. (Departures from Mexico and Hotel accommodation can be arranged too).
De los Cien hut
- Pick you up at your hotel. 1 person: 130 USD. 2 people 75 USD/person. One way (2hrs).
- Buses Mexico-Puebla from TAPO bus station. About 10 USD. One way. No stops (2hrs.) and running all day long.
- Buses Mexico Airport-Puebla. About 20 USD one way (2hrs). No stops and running all day long.
- Bus to Amecameca from TAPO bus station (in the base of the mountain) and we pick you up at Amecameca Station (5 USD). One way (1:30 hrs) with stop and running from early in the morning to late afternoon.
- If you decide to come by bus, we would pick you up at Puebla bus station.
We are a group of mountain and rock climbing passionet local guides in Mexico, members of the AMGME (Mexican Mountain and Climbing Guides Association), where we have been practicing and guiding around the country for 10 years.
Our main goal is to make people enjoy our mountains as much as we do and get a real experience of out Mexican style of life having a close and friendly relationship with all our clients and trying to help as much as we can.
Everybody has different needs so we can modify all our programs to what is best for you, wether you need everything from transport, accommodation, food, gear... or just want to be guided in the mountain.
Please get in contact with us to climb our beautiful mountains and we'll do our best so that you get the most of your trip.
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!