Follow Fernando, EPGAMT-certified guide, and spend two days hiking around Vallecitos. Reach the top of two peaks of the Cordon del Plata range!
Discover Vallecitos, a stunning hiking area near Mendoza.
Reach the top of two mountains of Cordon del Plata.
Enjoy breathtaking views of the Andes.
Are you looking for an exciting hiking experience in the Andes? Then let me take you to Vallecitos, near Mendoza, for a 2-day adventure!
Vallecitos is located at the foot of Cordon del Plata, a sub-mountain range of the Andes. With peaks ranging from 3000 to 6000 meters, this area is a popular acclimatization center before ascending Aconcagua. Besides, its own mountains are perfect for beginners or intermediate hikers who want to try themselves with amazing ascents.
For this 2-day trek, I will pick you up at your hotel, airport or bus station, and transfer you to Vallecitos – Potrerillos (85km from Mendoza city). Once at the mountain hut, you will have short security briefing and start the adventure!
We will reach the summit of two of the most important peaks in Cordon del Plata: Mount Arenales (3376m), the first day, and Mount Lomas Blancas (3880m) the second day. Exciting hikes and breathtaking views of the Andes are guaranteed!
For this trip you will need to have a good fitness level. Of course, I will be there to help and guide you every step of the way!
So, if you are up for an awesome outdoor experience near Mendoza, please get in touch with me. Let’s go to Vallecitos (Cordon del Plata) to enjoy two days of trekking!
If you only have one day, take a look at this trip.
Recommended Equipment: Beanie / Cap / Sunscreen / Polar fleece / Windbreaker / Jacket / Zip off pants / Gloves / Sunglasses / Trekking boots; / Sleeping bag (5°C) / 25 L Backpack (or bigger) / Headlamp / Water bottle.
Meeting point: Hotel, airport or bus station (Mendoza City)
I am an EPGAMT certified guide and have been the Director of Colanguil Adventure & Expeditions since 2004.
Here are some of my most important achievements:
- Cerro Aconcagua (6.962mts): summitted 17 times from 4 different routes, including Glacier of Los Polacos in the day from Base Camp (Plaza Argentina 4250 mts).
- Opening of Route in Cerro Mercedario (6,770 meters) and Pole Peak (6120 meters), Alma Negra, Ansilta, The Ramada, The Horn.
- More than 200 climbing routes in Los Arenales, Mendoza and the main climbing centers in southern Patagonia, Argentina (Aguja Poincenot and Rafael Juárez)
- No. 3 in National Ranking (2003).
- Rescue and Technician in Avalanche Prevention: "Veladero" Mine, including rescues in Aconcagua, Cerro Mercedario, Fitz Roy Glacier and in Vallecitos.
There are no reviews yet
Group of 1
|USD 330 each|
Want a different number of travellers?
- Guiding fee
- Transportation from your hotel/airport (if in area) to the start of the trip and back
- Personal Insurance
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Included: UNC / Radio VHF / AID kit / Trekking poles