Join Fernando, EPGAMT-certified guide, for a full day trek near Mendoza City. Discover the stunning area of Vallecitos, in Cordon del Plata!
Experience an amazing hiking experience in Vallecitos.
Reach the summit of Mount Arenales or Mount Andresitos.
Enjoy breathtaking views of the Andes.
Vallecitos, at the feet of Cordón del Plata, is a perfect starting point for outdoor adventures. This is your chance to join me for a full day trek!
Cordon del Plata is a sub-range of the Andes standing on the way to Aconcagua, the highest peak in America. Located near Mendoza, the area is popular among mountaineering and hiking lovers, for its easy access and the short distances between mountains.
For this day outing, I will pick you up at your hotel, airport or bus station and transfer you to Vallecitos – Potrerillos (85km from Mendoza city). Once at the mountain hut, after a short security briefing, we will decide the itinerary. We can reach the summit of Mt. Arenales (3376 m) or Mt. Andresito (3100 m)!
This adventure will take us through a breathtaking alpine landscape dominated by impressive cliffs and deep-blue streams. Furthermore, we will enjoy crossing areas with rich flora (pasture, perennial plants and brushwood) and fauna (guanacos, condors, foxes, etc.)
So, if you want to discover a fabulous spot near Mendoza, please contact me. Let me guide you on this full day trek in Vallecitos (Cordon del Plata)!
And if you prefer staying for two days, check out this version of my tour!
Recommended Equipment: Cap / Sunscreen / Jacket / Zip off pants / Sunglasses / Trekking boots / 25 L Backpack (or bigger) / Water bottle.
Meeting point: Hotel, airport or bus station (Mendoza City)
Mount Andresito or Mount Arenales.
Departure: 10 AM
Return: 4 – 5 PM.
Hiking: 2 – 4 hours
I am an EPGAMT certified guide and have been the Director of Colanguil Adventure & Expeditions since 2004.
Here are some of my most important achievements:
- Cerro Aconcagua (6.962mts): summitted 17 times from 4 different routes, including Glacier of Los Polacos in the day from Base Camp (Plaza Argentina 4250 mts).
- Opening of Route in Cerro Mercedario (6,770 meters) and Pole Peak (6120 meters), Alma Negra, Ansilta, The Ramada, The Horn.
- More than 200 climbing routes in Los Arenales, Mendoza and the main climbing centers in southern Patagonia, Argentina (Aguja Poincenot and Rafael Juárez)
- No. 3 in National Ranking (2003).
- Rescue and Technician in Avalanche Prevention: "Veladero" Mine, including rescues in Aconcagua, Cerro Mercedario, Fitz Roy Glacier and in Vallecitos.
There are no reviews yet
Group of 1
|USD 165 each|
Want a different number of travellers?
- Guiding fee
- Transportation from your hotel/airport (if in area) to the start of the trip and back
- Personal Insurance
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Included: Radio VHF, AID kit, and trekking poles. Box lunch (two sandwiches, cereal bar, crackers, fruit and candy)