Join Alberto, an IFMGA certified guide, on this 9-day Southern Patagonian Ice Field expedition. And discover a mystical world of ice near El Chalten.
Spend 9 days exploring the amazing Southern Patagonian Ice Field.
Contemplate stunning views with peaks and volcanoes in the Andes.
This 9-day Southern Patagonian Ice Field expedition from El Chalten will take you to an unknown world of ice and snow.
The Southern Patagonian Ice Field is the biggest remnant of the Patagonian Ice Sheet, located south of the Andes, between Argentina and Chile. It’s the world’s second largest contiguous extra polar Ice Field.
And in this program, I will take you through the best spots on it. We’ll start from El Chalten, a beautiful small town, located at the foot of Mount Fitz Roy, in the Argentinian side of Patagonia.
There are so many amazing features in this adventure that is hard to describe them all. We’ll spend a week immersed in a kind of landscape that you’ve never seen, with panoramic views of great peaks and volcanoes. We’ll see lakes and lagoons with indescribable colors.
So join me on this incredible 9-day Southern Patagonian Ice Field expedition from El Chalten and discover an incredible Ice World at the end of the world. It’s an experience you will never forget!
And if you’re coming to El Chalten and you want to try a different adventure, please check my Fitz Roy Grand Tour: hiking, mountain bike and canoeing or my Loma del Diablo guided snowshoeing tour.
Hotel, Camp and huts.
- Passengers must carry their personal things and part of the overall team. Two helpers are included in this expedition, one in Paso Marconi and other in Paso del Viento. Both portages will transport food and help with the overall team. The porters carry 15 kg each and passengers should carry 18 to 20 kilos per person. Participants do not need technical experience in the use of crampons or snowshoes. However, we ask for previous experience in camping and multi-day treks. The equipment and food are prepared in function of the expedition. Participants will be self-sufficient in their cooking and need to help set-up of camp with the supervision and help of our staff before and during the expedition.
Since 1985 we have been operating the best trekking programs in southern Patagonia. We are always looking for new itineraries, unique expeditions, little known spots, and we offer the highest quality outdoor activities in the area... A good example of this are our classic Ice Field Expeditions that have been running with great success for many years.
Our mountaineering origin made us choose this pristine part of the Andes; Southern Patagonia is a place ruled by immense glaciers, rough weather, and mountains such as Mt Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre, a place not to miss.
We hope you join us in one of our programs so our guides can show you what Patagonia is about. We offer the best hotels, lodges and camping arrangements to suit everyone.
There are no reviews yet
Group of 1
|USD 5114 each|
Group of 2
|USD 3191 each|
Group of 3
|USD 2408 each|
Group of 4
|USD 2315 each|
Want a different number of travellers?
- Guiding fee
- Transportation from your hotel/airport (if in area) to the start of the trip and back
- Permit and entrance fees
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Group equipment: Rope, Harness, Helmet, Crampons
- Camping equipment: Tents, Cooking utensils
A minimum of 3 clients is required for departure.