Join one of the IFMGA-certified guides in the Peakshunter team to climb the incredible Arête des Cosmiques in the French Alps.
Jun - Sep
The Cosmiques Ridge is a beautiful Alpine mixed climb onto an excellent rock.
Due to its technical difficulties (AD), it's suitable for intermediate climbers. Much of the ridge can be climbed moving together.
The route starts from Abri Simond hut which is next to the Cosmiques refuge. We will reach the starting point by taking the cable car in Chamonix up to Aiguille du Midi.
The surroundings are really beautiful. We will be in the heart of the Mont Blanc massif, above la Vallée Blanche.
We can do it in one day if there are not too many people on the ridge as the others might slow us down.
It’s a beautiful traverse which we highly recommend.
Please contact me if you wish to be guided there. I will bring you up Arête des Cosmiques with much pleasure !
- Guiding fee
The price does not include the guide´s expenses (accommodation, meals, lift tickets, etc).
20 Euros/per person for ice axe, harness, crampons and helmet.
Where and when will we meet?
The meeting point is in Chamonix at the Aiguille du Midi lift (Place de l'Aiguille du Midi). We usually meet at 8.30am to check the equipment before taking the lift together.
What’s included in the price? What extra costs will I have to cover?
The guiding service is included in the price of the tour. On top of that, you’ll have to cover your lift fee and the rental of the technical equipment you might not have (crampons, ice axe, harness, helmet). If you wish, you can rent it from us for €20 (total, for the 4 items).
How long does the tour take?
The tour takes around 5 hours.
How many climbers/people can join?
One guide will take maximum 2 climbers with him. If you are with a larger group, one or several other guides from our team will join.
How experienced do I need to be?
The climb of the Cosmiques Ridge is aimed at people wanting to learn mixed mountaineering and who have previous experience using crampons.
What equipment do I need to have with me?
In terms of climbing equipment, you’ll need to take with you:
Then, in terms of clothing and accessories, we recommend the following
Can I join a group?
We don’t organize group open group tours for the Cosmiques Ridge climb. Only a private guided tour is possible.
What are some recommended accommodations near our adventure location?
Giving and receiving smiles, seeing the satisfaction on the faces of our customers, seeking opportunities for growth, stimulating authenticity in personal and group relationships, in sharing mountaineering disciplines, fears, efforts, and moments of difficulty, which are part of the integrated with experiences, essential ingredients of every summit climb: these are our focus, our beliefs, and our most important results, as outdoor Professionals and as people who love the mountains and their work as Alpine Guides!
Founded in 2013 by Elis and Silvia, PEAKSHUNTER Mountain Guides is a team of IFMGA-certified Mountain Professionals and outdoor activities experts, based in the town of Aosta, not far from Courmayeur-Chamonix, on the Italian side of the Mont Blanc massif.
We live and work in the beautiful Aosta Valley region, very close to French and Swiss borders near to Geneva, Milan, and Turin international airports.
Mont Blanc, Matterhorn, Dufourspitze, Pyramide Vincent and Regina Margherita Hut, Gran Paradiso, Breithorn, Lyskamm, Castor and Pollux are only a few of several 4000 Alps summits you can climb with us: most of our team of Guides were born and grew up close to these mountains and they have explored the ascent routes several times during different seasons, with skis or crampons!
- We love our work: we plan all our trips with great commitment and deep respect for the Alpine environment, for its inhabitants, and its territories. Including local traditions in different valleys and Alpine areas.
- We love Mountain, Nature, and Outdoor activities, that we like to share with people from all around the world. We are enthusiastic to meet like-minded adventurers and share new experiences and memorable emotions with the support of our Mountain Guides.
- Safety and Risk Management are essential for us, as elements of fundamental importance during every single trip we plan and carry out with our customers: for this reason, we offer introductory courses to the different alpine disciplines (Mountaineering, Rock climbing, Ice climbing, Ski mountaineering, Freeride, Rescue Crevasse, and Avalanche) to convey awareness and responsibility to our customers.
- We offer solid Experience, with several years organizing outdoor disciplines around mountain and wild areas, in many different countries of Italy and Europe, for individuals or groups, including 7-day customer support for booking, logistics, and personal assistance for planning and reservations.
- As certified Mountain Guides, we offer training courses, to improve technical skills and to learn basic knowledge about mountaineering in the Alps, which is essential to explore and climb the Mountains safely in any situation or conditions.
- We are happy to provide customized programs for every customer's demand: our Experience is synonymous with Professionalism and Customer Care to guarantee unforgettable emotions and beautiful smiles!
Fulfill your dreams, discover breathtaking views or simply enjoy an extraordinary day: you just need to use your imagination and we will carry out your trip as you desire to live it!
Let’s plan your next mountain project together!
I give Peakshunter Mountain Guides a 5 star Review. I come from America and I was given holiday on short notice so I sent out some climbing inquiries on Explore-Share. Silvia from Peakshunter was the first guide to respond to my request and she was able to coordinate an awesome adventure for two days for me. I went in with no expectations since I don't know that region that well. I relied on their judgement. My guide was Elis and he was phenomenal and patient with me. They answered all my questions prior to the trip and made my experience in the Mont Blanc region unforgettable. I could not be happier with my experience with Peakshunter. Thank you Silvia and Elis!
3-day Mont Blanc ascent with acclimatization
Mont Blanc All-In 2-day ascent via the Gouter Route
Half-day sport climbing trip in southern France (Calanques de Marseille, Sainte Baume, Garlaban)
1-Week Mont Blanc Summit with Training and Acclimatisation
All-In Mont Blanc and Gran Paradiso Climb
Multi-pitch rock climbing in Calanques National Park, southern France
Mont Blanc 5-day ascent with previous training
6-day Mont Blanc ascent with acclimatization
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures.