Sierra Nevada (California)
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Dec
Open to everyone
SUGGESTED BACKCOUNTRY EQUIPMENT
You will need to bring some or all of the following:
• Backpack with the capacity to hold gear for day trips (should have straps
to carry skis or a board)
• Probe (1 probe per 2 people is required)
• Wicking (capilene or polypropilene ) long underwear tops and bottoms-
• Fleece vest-
• Expedition weight top or fleece shirt- Jacket (with a hood if you have one)
• Down coat (good for lunch breaks and emergencies)-
• Waterproof/breathable ski pants
• Head band or ball cap for touring
• Warm hat that covers your ears
• Ski Gloves-
• Fleece windstopper gloves for touring
• Water bottle or hydration system that will not freeze
• Snack and/or lunch
• Lipbalm and sunscreen
• Ski poles if you are skiing
• Helmet if you wear one
• Touring equipment: alpine touring boots/bindings/skis/skins, telemark
gear/skins, or if you snowboard - split board/skins, or snowshoes**
**Consult with your guide to refine your equipment selection. Too much
gear makes for a heavy load. Not enough may limit where you can go.
I am an AMGA certified Ski Guide, specializing in guiding skiing from Tahoe resorts to the backcountry on mountains from California to Alaska.
I also guide and instruct in mountain bike, rock climbing, and kayak/SUP.
Certified by: American Mountain Guide Association (AMGA), Professional Ski Instructors Association (PSIA) Level 3, American Avalanche Association (AAA) Level 3, and as a Wilderness First Responder.
NEWNeed help deciding?
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!