Fernando, EPGAMT-certified guide, takes you to Vallecitos, in Cordon del Plata, for a 3-day trek. Join him and experience an unforgettable adventure near Mendoza!
Discover Vallecitos, a breathtaking alpine area near Mendoza.
Reach the top of two peaks of the Cordon del Plata range.
Enjoy amazing views of the Andes.
Would you like to experience an unforgettable hiking trip in South America? Then join me for this 3-day adventure and discover the amazing area of Vallecitos (Cordon del Plata), near Mendoza!
Vallecitos is at the foot of Cordon del Plata, a sub-range of the Andes. With several mountains reaching 6000 meters, this region is a popular hiking and mountaineering destination in Argentina, and is usually chosen for acclimatization before ascending the Aconcagua.
On this 3-day trek we will reach the summit of two important peaks of Cordon del Plata: Mount Arenales (3376m) and Mount Lomas Blancas (3880m). The third day we will hike to the awesome Salto de Agua Camp (4200m), the highest point of our adventure.
We will immerse ourselves in a breathtaking alpine landscape dominated by impressive cliffs and deep-blue streams. Furthermore, we will cross areas with rich flora (pasture, perennial plants and brushwood) and fauna (guanacos, condors, foxes, etc.).
So, if you are looking for an amazing hiking tour in the Andes, then you can’t miss this chance! Contact me and enjoy three days walking around Vallecitos (Cordon del Plata)!
Recommended Equipment: Beanie / Cap / Sunscreen / Polar fleece / Windbreaker / Jacket / Zip off pants / Gloves / Sunglasses / Trekking boots; / Sleeping bag (5°C) / 25 L Backpack (or bigger) / Headlamp / Water bottle.
Meeting point: Hotel, airport or bus station (Mendoza City)
You will be picked up from the hotel, airport or bus station (Mendoza City) and transferred to Vallecitos-Potrerillos (85km from Mendoza city). After a security briefing at the mountain hut, we’ll hike towards the summit of Arenales.
Ascent to the summit of Lomas Blancas, from Vallecitos mountain hut.
Ascent to Salto de Agua Camp.
Transfer back to Mendoza City.
Hike: 6 hs
I am an EPGAMT certified guide and have been the Director of Colanguil Adventure & Expeditions since 2004.
Here are some of my most important achievements:
- Cerro Aconcagua (6.962mts): summitted 17 times from 4 different routes, including Glacier of Los Polacos in the day from Base Camp (Plaza Argentina 4250 mts).
- Opening of Route in Cerro Mercedario (6,770 meters) and Pole Peak (6120 meters), Alma Negra, Ansilta, The Ramada, The Horn.
- More than 200 climbing routes in Los Arenales, Mendoza and the main climbing centers in southern Patagonia, Argentina (Aguja Poincenot and Rafael Juárez)
- No. 3 in National Ranking (2003).
- Rescue and Technician in Avalanche Prevention: "Veladero" Mine, including rescues in Aconcagua, Cerro Mercedario, Fitz Roy Glacier and in Vallecitos.
There are no reviews yet